Summer grilling season is here which means it’s time to back away from the oven and head towards the grill! One of our favorite things to grill is pizza, but we can’t have pizza without the dough. Our pizza dough recipe is easy to make and ready to use in under 2 hours. If you’re like us, you may want to double the batch and stash it away in the freezer.
This pizza dough recipe is true to size, so roll it out to the thickness you prefer. If you like flavored crust, go ahead and throw in some basil, garlic or another seasonings you feel like rocking.
If this is your first time grilling pizza, and you’d like some pointers, check out our post here.
- 1⅔ Cup Warm Water
- 2 Teaspoons Active Dry or Instant Yeast
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- Add the water and yeast to a stainless steel mixing bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup olive oil to the mixture and stir.
- Add 5 cups of flour followed by the salt and sugar and stir for 10 seconds with a wooden spoon.
- Once the dough is roughly formed, fit the mixer with a dough hook and turn on for 5-7 minutes until the dough is smooth to the touch. If the dough sticks to your hand add an extra tablespoon of flour until the dough is just slightly sticky.
- Grease a large bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and transfer the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature for up to hours. The dough should double in size.
- The dough can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days.