These 2 Ingredient Bagels are chewy on the outside and soft on the inside. At just 3 smartpoints each, these are perfect for those on or off Weight Watchers.
Super stoked to be bringing the ridiculously popular 2 Ingredient Bagels to you. If you haven’t heard of them, you must not be in the large Weight Watchers themed Facebook groups because these bad boys are all over it. For good reason. These 2 Ingredient Bagels are killer and only 3 Smartpoints each. MUST less than the normal 9-11 range. You can chow down without the guilt. And isn’t that what Weight Watchers is all about?
Wondering what the picture is of? It’s of our Bagel Dogs Using 2 Ingredient Dough. We were too excited to make these Bagel Dogs and forgot to snap good pics of the bagels. So until we re-make the bagels, this bagel dog pic will whet your appetite. You’re welcome.
As with all of our recipes, please read the notes before you make the recipe for the most success!
2 Ingredient Bagels
Make Your Own Self-rising Flour: Don’t have self rising flour on hand? Make your own. Just mix 1 cup all purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp table salt and you have self rising flour.
Just say no to wheat flour. Sure, you can use it, but don’t expect it to taste good. Think bland and blah.
Rumor has it Fage works the best, as it’s a bit creamier, however we use Oikos with success. No matter what brand you use make sure it’s thick Greek strained yogurt. If it’s a thinner consistency you’ll need to add a bit more flour (= more points) to get the right consistency.
Expect sticky fingers! This dough is crazy sticky. Like hard-to-wash-off sticky. We give our palms a quick spritz of PAM to make it manageable. Or you can always add a bit more flour or a little less yogurt.
Use parchment paper sprayed with oil or a silicone slipmat to prevent them from sticking to the baking sheet.
Bagels expand when bakes so give those babies some room to grow.
Repeat after me. “I shall always drain the yogurt first.” If you open the yogurt and liquid has settled on the top, this needs to go. Do not mix it in or the dough will be too runny to work with.
2 Ingredient Dough Topping Ideas:
Plain- just dunk it in mustard or mayo for a little flavor.
Everything Bagel – Sprinkle on the Trader Joes Everything Bagel spice or mix your own using dried onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Cheese – add a bit of your favorite cheese during the last few minutes of baking for cheesy goodness.
Jalapeno & Cheese – add jalapeno slices and cheese during the last few minutes of baking.
Cinnamon and Sugar – Just mix 1/4 cup sugar with a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (remove liquid on the top)
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour (See post to make your own)
- 1 Egg (whisked for egg wash finish)
- Preferred Toppings (see post for ideas)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Strain the extra liquid from the yogurt and add it to a large mixing bowl with the flour.
- Mix together the flour and yogurt until it begins to form a crumbly dough. When mixed, use your hands to form one ball with the dough.
- Knead the dough with your hands (on a floured surface) or add the dough to a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Knead the dough until it forms one ball and pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl or if mixing by hand, until it is no longer sticky. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Divide the dough into four equal balls. Roll out ball on a lightly floured surface until it becomes a smooth and even rope about 3/4" thick. Pinch the ends together to form a round circle. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Transfer the bagels to the baking sheet.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with your preferred toppings.
- Bake the bagels for approx. 23-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- OPTIONAL STEP: After their cooked, remove them from the oven and turn heat up to 500°F. Place the bagels back in oven and bake about 2-3 minutes until surface is browned.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap tightly after cooling until you're ready to enjoy.