Quick and easy Bagel Dogs using 2 Ingredient Dough. Each Bagel Dog is as little as 4 Weight Watcher Smart Points. Mix up the toppings and have fun with this bagel dog recipe.
If you’ve spent time in the popular Weight Watchers facebook groups you’ve probably seen the popularity of the 2 ingredient bagels. What’s not to love? The limited number of ingredients, the ease of recipe or the fact they’re only 3 smartpoints vs the 9-11 for regular bagels!
While we love us some bagels, we dig bagel dogs even more. So we decided to marry the two and perfect the Bagel Dog Using 2 Ingredient Dough.
HOT DOG BRANDS: You can use the hot dog brand and product of your choosing. Two Weight Watcher friendly brands are: Ball Park Lean Dogs for 2 Smartpoints each (= 5 per bagel dog) or Hebrew National fat free for 1 Point Each (=4 per Bagel Dog).
As with all of our recipes, please read the notes before you make the recipe for the most success!
2 Ingredient Dough Bagel Dogs
Use parchment paper sprayed with oil or a silicone slipmat to prevent them from sticking to the baking sheet.
The bagel dough expand when bakes so give those babies some room to grow.
These freeze well! Wrap them individually in foil or Ziploc bags for up to 1 month. To reheat, let them thaw and pop them back in the microwave or oven until warm throughout.
2 Ingredient Dough Bagel Dog Topping Ideas:
Plain- just dunk it in mustard or mayo for a little flavor.
Everything Bagel – Sprinkle on the Trader Joes Everything Bagel spice or mix your own using dried onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Cheese – add a bit of your faovrite cheese during the last few minutes of baking for cheesy goodness.
Jalapeno & Cheese – add jalapeno slices and cheese during the last few minutes of baking.
If you have a favorite topping, leave a comment below and share with the world!
Bagel Dogs Using 2 Ingredient Dough
- 1 batch 2 Ingredient Dough
- 4 hot dogs (Any brand, meat or product)
- 1 large Egg (whisked for egg wash finish)
- Preferred Toppings (See post for ideas)
- Divide the batch of the dough into four equal balls. Roll out a ball on a lightly floured surface until it becomes a smooth and even rope about 3/4" thick. Gently wrap the dough around the hot dog and pinch the ends onto a neighboring piece of dough on the underside of the bagel dog to keep firmly in place. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- Transfer the bagels to the baking sheet with the seams face down.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Brush the tops with egg wash and sprinkle with your preferred toppings.
- Bake the bagels for approx. 23-25 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap tightly after cooling until you're ready to enjoy.