Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots (Just 15 Minutes!)
Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots are ready in just 15 minutes. Learn how to cook frozen tater tots in an Air Fryer with a golden-brown crunchy exterior and a creamy soft interior. Serve them with our Air Fried Frozen French Fries, Air Fryer Pizza Rolls or Frozen Burritos in Air Fryer for triple the yum!
Making Air Fryer Tater Tots are much easier to make than fried tater tots recipes. A HUGE bonus is to NOT have to lug out the huge bottle of oil. Who wants to clean up all that gross grease anyway?? Hard pass. Plus, in my postage stamp size home I’d be smelling the scent of baked grease for days.
How Do You Make Tater Tots In An Air Fryer?
This recipe couldn’t be easier to make it we tried. All you need in an air fryer, cooking spray and a bag of your favorite tater tots. From there it’s just 4 quick steps:
Step 1 – Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Step 2- Transfer the tater tots to the air fryer basket and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with a bit of salt if you like.
Step 3- Cook for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes to evenly crisp.
Step 4- Remove from the air fryer and grub down!
How Long Should You Cook Tater Tots In An Air Fryer?
Our air fryer takes only 15 minutes to produce super crispy tater tots with a nice golden color. Air Fryer temperatures do vary from model to model, so it’s possible your model may take a little less or little more time to cook. Just keep your eye on them the first time you make them and adjust as needed.
Foodie & Wine Drink Pairing Recommendations:
Wine- Chablis, Pinot Blanc or Dry Riesling.
Cocktails- Homemade Margaritas
Beer- Dos Equis Ambar, Negra Modelo, Corona or a Citrus Pale Ale.
Ultra Crispy Air Fryer Tater Tots
- 16 oz Frozen Tater Tots (*Note 1)
- Cooking Spray
- Salt, To Taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spread out the tater tots on the air fryer basket so they don't touch. Spray with the cooking spray and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook for 15 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes to evenly crisp. For even crispier tater tots, add an extra 2-3 minutes to the cook time.
- Remove from the air fryer, divide between plates and enjoy immediately.