If you’re looking for a quick and easy asparagus recipe for breakfast FoodieandWine.com has just the thing! This Baked Eggs with Bacon and Asparagus recipe is perfect for Sunday brunch with friends or family. If you’re a newbie home cook and want to impress your friends, this Baked Eggs with Bacon and Asparagus is an easy breakfast recipe to tackle.
Paleo Recipes – to make this Paleo friendly just omit the parmesan cheese.
21 Day Fix Recipes – to make this 21 day fix approved, just use turkey bacon in place of regular bacon and omit the salt (or use a touch of Kosher Salt).
Asparagus isn’t in season very long so now is a great time to getting around to making this recipe. Wondering what’s in season this month? Head over to check out our Monthly Produce Guides.
- 4 Asparagus Stalks
- 4 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon Pepper
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 8-10 Grape Tomatoes
- 4 Bacon Strips (Cooked and Crumbled)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place medium size saucepan, filled halfway with water, over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the asparagus stalks and blanch for 3 minutes. Remove from the stove and place the stalks into ice water to stop the cooking process. Trim off the tips and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add the eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and thyme and whip until combined.
- Fold in the cooked asparagus, crumbled bacon and tomatoes.
- Divide the egg mixture equally into two well greased 5” ramekins.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes until the egg has set. The edges will be slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the asparagus tips.