Granita is one of my favorite recipes to make in the summer. This Italian specialty is extremely easy to make and if you’re a lover of cocktails, like we are here at FoodieandWine.com, then you’ll be pleased to hear you can easily add some liquor to the mix. It’s a perfect dessert for your summer bash.
While this Granita Recipe features Fruit Punch Juice, Mint and Coconut Rum, you can actually use any fruit and/or juice of your choosing. If you select fruit, just throw it in the blender or food processor and add a little lime and/or sugar to taste.
Some Granita Recipe Ideas:
Watermelon and Lime Juice
We’ve made all 3 of the above combos with success.
For our 4th of July celebration, we have a batch of this Fruit Punch, Mint and Rum Granita in our freezer! We’ve made it up to a week in advance with no freezer burn issues.
What flavor combinations would you like us to try and post next? Leave a comment below and let us know!
- 3 Cups of Fruit Punch Juice
- ½ Cup of Coconut Rum
- ¼ Cup Chopped Mint Leaves
- Mix the fruit punch, rum and chopped leaves in a 8" x 8" pan or 8" round pan.
- Transfer the bowl to the freezer.
- After 1 hour, remove the bowl and scrape the mixture with a fork. Repeat every 45 minutes or so until there is no liquid left, just ice flakes. This process should take about 4-5 hours.
- To serve, just scoop the granita into a bowl and top with extra mint leaves (if desired).