FoodieandWine.com is working on a Cooking 101 Series since many readers are either new to the kitchen or haven’t tried anything but the basics. There are so many fun things to learn! The FoodieandWine.com Cooking 101 Series will include videos and tutorials. First up is How to Roast Garlic. It’s super easy to make and a goldmine in many recipes, such as our Rosemary and Garlic Dinner Rolls and Spinach Steak Salad.
- 1 Head of Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350.
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic so the cloves are exposed (as pictured).
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and wrap tightly in foil. Make sure every clove has olive oil on it.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the garlic is soft and golden brown.
- It's ready to use in any recipe that lists "roasted garlic" as a component. Just squeeze to release the garlic.