Caffeine + Calorie Free = Guilt Free Addiction.
Spring is in the air which means Iced Coffee is brewing 24-7 around these parts. What’s not to love? Cold Brewed Iced Coffee is extremely easy to make at home. It takes some advanced planning, since it needs to steep for 24 hours, but you’ll get in the habit of making a batch every few days to quench your craving.
This Iced Coffee Recipe can be poured over ice and sipped without any additives, which is how we roll, or you can easily top with your favorite creamer, sugar, extract, etc. We know sipping black, unsweetened coffee isn’t for everyone so we wanted to brew up a batch that can withstand some additions.
International Delights. Check.
White Sugar. Double Check.
Half and Half. Triple Check.
IMPORTANT…For those who think instant Folgers is coffee, it’s not. Invest in some quality beans. They don’t have to be from Jamaica, but please don’t skip over to the dollar store for Folgers and then wonder why you’re not feeling the flavor that we’re bringing.
- 6 Cups Cold Water
- 8 oz Ground Coffee
- Optional - Creamer, Half and Half, Milk, Sugar, Vanilla (To Taste)
- Add the cold water and coffee beans to a large pitcher. Cover and let steep for 24 hours.
- Filter out the coffee grounds using a fine sieve or cheese cloth. If using a cheese cloth just cover the top of a second container and pour the liquid into it. Tape the cheese cloth to the container if necessary to help keep in place.
- Once the coffee grounds are filtered out, add 8 oz of cold water to the mixture. Stir well and sample. If desired, add more water, an ounce at a time, until you reach your preferred strength. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- To prepare, just fill a glass with ice and the iced coffee. Add your favorite flavorings including coffee creamer, milk, sugar, vanilla, etc. Enjoy immediately!
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: