Instant Pot Baked Potatoes Recipe
How to Make Baked Potatoes In The Instant Pot! Instant Pot Baked Potatoes make for fluffy and creamy interiors and flavorful exterior, just like our smoked baked potatoes. Pressure Cooker Potatoes deliver every time.
Serve them alongside Pork Adobo, Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin, Prime Rib Recipe, Sous Vide Prime Rib, Smoked Prime Rib, Smoked Beef Tenderloin, Smoked Rack of Lamb, Sous Vide Corned Beef, Instant Pot Corned Beef or any of your favorite dinner recipes.
Table of Contents
How To Make Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
There are a few prep steps to take when making instant pot potatoes. Make sure you use a vegetable scrub brush to remove all the exterior dirt. We use this cute potato shaped scrubber. Next, prick the potatoes with a fork about 6-7 times to allow the pressure and steak to escape from the potato as it cooks. After that just follow the recipe as called out below for the perfect baked potato.
Round Steak Roll Ups make another great main dish to serve alongside.
Instant Pot Potatoes
The best thing about this instant pot potato recipe is the variety you can make once cooked. Here are some topping and theme ideas for a well rounded meal:
- Vintage Baked Potato – Sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon.
- Mexican – Sour cream, cheddar cheese, 4 ingredient guacamole, corn, cilantro, pico de gallo. This version would actually taste good next to Ensalada de Coditos, if you’re looking for a side dish.
- Chili – Chili using Instant Pot Kidney Beans, sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Fajita – Fajita vegetables, beans, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Broccoli Cheddar – Steamed broccoli and either melted cheese (like Velveeta) or cheddar cheese.
- Nacho – Keto taco meat, beans, cheddar cheese, salsa, green onions, pickled peppers, pickled red onions, pickled banana peppers.
- Spinach Artichoke – Load it up with Spinach Artichoke dip.
- Buffalo – Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken and keto ranch dressing.
How Long Do I Cook Baked Potatoes In The Instant Pot?
The total time depends on the size of the potato. Use this chart as a guideline. If you find yours is still a little firm, just put the lid back on and add a few extra minutes. Make sure to use similar sized potatoes. You can sub in any variety of potato you like.
- Small Potato (2 – 2 1/4 inches wide) – 12 minutes
- Medium Potato (2 1/2 inches wide) – 16 minutes
- Large Potato (3 inches wide)- 20 minutes
How To Make Baked Potatoes With Crispy Skin
Once you remove them from the instant pot, rub the potatoes with olive oil and place them under the broiler for 5-6 minutes to crisp up. Keep an eye on them so the skin doesn’t burn. You can also check out our Air Fryer Baby Potatoes for easy crispy skin taters.
More Potato Recipes:
- 2-6 Russet Potatoes, Pricked With A Fork (*Note 1)
- Sea Salt, To Taste
- Black Pepper, To Taste
- OPTIONAL TOPPING IDEAS: Butter, Sour Cream, cheddar cheese.
- Add one cup of water to the instant pot followed by the metal trivet that comes with the machine.
- Scrub the potatoes and poke with a fork about 7-8 times.
- Transfer the potatoes to the instant pot, place the lid on the machine ensuring the valve is in the "sealed" position.
- Cook on high pressure for 14-20 minutes (see temp chart in the post).
- When the instant pot finishes cooking, let naturally release. It will take about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, quick release whatever pressure is left, remove the lid and transfer the potatoes to a plate.
- Once slightly cooled, cut the potatoes in half and top with your preferred toppings.