Prepare to fall in love with this quick and easy Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe. This flavorful Beef Stroganoff recipe is tender and creamy and one the entire family will love.
Looking for a quick and easy homemade meal? This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe fits the bill. If you’re a child of the 70’s and 80’s this was a staple during busy weeknights. For good reason. Tender beef, creamy sauce and noodles? Yup. Sign me up.
For this easy beef stroganoff recipe we used beef round roast but beef chuck roast is also a great choice. If you have leftover Smoked Beef Tenderloin – use up that bad boy vs letting the scraps go to waste.
Use your favorite mushrooms in this recipe. We had brown mushrooms but white, cremini or portobello also work.
Typical Russian style beef stroganoff is served over egg noodles, but growing up we typically had it over rice. Mashed taters is also a good option (Creamy Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes).
For this recipe, we used the popular Instant Pot Duo Plus.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 lb Beef (Round or chuck)
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3 Tbs All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tbs High-quality Olive Oil
- 8 oz Mushrooms (diced or quartered)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (diced)
- 3 Springs Fresh Thyme
- 3 Cloves garlic (minced)
- 3.5 Cups Beef Broth (low sodium)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Package Wide Egg Noodles (12 ounces)
- 3/4 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Cut beef into 2" cubes and sprinkle with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and 1 tablespoon of flour. Mix to coat.
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot and wait until it's max temp (should say "hot").
- Add the olive oil and turn gently to coat the bottom of the pot. Add the cubed beef and cook until evenly browned (approx. 3-4 minutes). Once browned, set aside.
- Add the onion, mushrooms and thyme and stir occasionally, until tender (approx. 3-4 minutes). Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Whisk in the remaining flour until lightly browned (approx. 1 minute).
- Deglaze the pot with 1/2 cup beef broth. Make sure to scrape up all the brown bits.
- Stir in the remaining beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and beef.
- Place the lid on with the valve in the sealed position. Set to manual (high pressure) for 12 minutes. When finished, quick-release the pressure.
- Stir in the egg noodles. Set to manual (high pressure) for 5 minutes. When finished, quick-release the pressure.
- Stir in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Serve immediately.