You know the person who sits in the corner scooping Nutella out of the jar by the finger full? Yeah, picture that scenario except replace the Nutella with Lemon Curd. Anything tart and sweet has our undivided attention. Jars don’t last too long around here and with a steep $7+ price tag, for a quality brand, we either had to invest in stock (we’ll leave that to Warren Buffet) or make our own. Once you’ve taken the steps to make your own Lemon Curd you’ll never go back to store-bought. Ever.
5 Tips For Making Lemon Curd:
- Don’t be cheap. Invest in Meyer Lemons, quality butter and eggs. With so few ingredients, everything needs to shine.
- Mix like you’re Sir Mix-A-Lot. Don’t ruin a batch cause you’re too busy rapping “Oh, My God Becky.”
- Pump up the jam when blending the sugar and lemon rind. You’ll have big chunks of lemon rind in the final product if you don’t spend enough time pulsing!
- If you’re making this for an event, make sure to prepare this the day before so it has enough time to cool properly.
- Finally, need it be said you must use real lemon juice vs bottled juice?
Other Dessert Recipes from FoodieandWine.com
Inspired by Ina Garten