Sweet tea infused with real pineapple. This sweet tea recipe is quick and easy to brew. Elevate your sweet tea game and impress your guests.
Sweet tea is one of our favorite drinks at FoodieandWine.com. What’s not to love? The rich black tea flavor is a nice step up from boring water and the sweetness, well, if you’ve ever had sweet tea you know what it brings to the table.
We have a batch iced tea on call 24 hours a day, year round. To mix it up from time to time, we infuse fruit flavoring into the batch using real fruit. Pretty much anything we have on hand…think strawberries, mangos, kiwis and pineapple.
We currently have a ton of pineapple we have to use up, so Pineapple Sweet Tea it is. This tea recipe is incredibly easy to make.
As with all flavored tea, the longer you let it sit the more flavorful it becomes. We like to let ours sit for 12 hours to full maximize the pineapple and sweetness.
Don’t have pineapple on hand? Use mangos. Or raspberries. Or blueberries. You get the picture. Use what you got!
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW:
Refreshing Pineapple Sweet Tea
- 8 Black Tea Bags
- 8 cup Water (Divided)
- 3/4 cup Sugar (To Taste)
- 2-3 cup fresh pineapple (Chopped)
- Put 6 cups of water in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add tea bags.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. If you're not sure how sweet you like it, start with 3/4 cup and increase from there.
- Add the pineapple and 2 more cups of cold water into a pitcher.
- Gently pour the hot tea into pitcher.
- Gently stir to combine.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 3-4 hours. The longer you let it marinate the more flavorful it will become.