Learn how to make smoked turkey wings. This recipe for smoked turkey wings includes a BBQ rub, that acts as a turkey dry brine, and is slathered in a homemade barbecue sauce if you’re a “sauce” kinda wing lover.
Smoked Turkey Wings Recipe
This smoked turkey recipe rivals our Instant Pot Turkey recipe. We’re always looking for easy and hands off recipes during the holiday season, to spend more time with family and friends. This smoked turkey recipe fits the bill. It requires only 3-4 ingredients and two hours of cook time.
How To Cook Smoked Turkey Wings
Coat ’em up, cook ’em up, flip and eat! That’s it in a nutshell. Turkey wings are naturally bland, so it’s important to select a killer BBQ dry rub and/or sauce to add flavor to the smoked meat.
Best Wood To Smoke Turkey
Wondering what wood to use to smoke turkey? There are quite a few that work well. Pecan is one of our favorites when smoking poultry. It lends a nice sweetness to the meat. Cherry wood and apple wood are great options as well. Hickory is a classic choice for a whole turkey, but it overwhelms barbecue based smoked turkey.
Turkey wings are HUGE! Each wing clocked in at 1.25 lb. You only need to plan on serving one wing, per person when serving with sides.
What Sides Go With Turkey Wings
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Balsamic Glazed Brussel Sprouts
Ensalada de Coditos
Ensalada de Papa
Air Fryer Mushrooms
Roasted Butternut Squash
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
Instant Pot Kidney Beans (throw some BBQ Rub in there!)
What Wine Pairs With Turkey
Wine – Pinot Noir, Red Rhône, Red Zinfandel, Beaujolais and German Riesling.
## I’d love to hear from you! Use hashtag #foodieandwine when you’ve made this recipe and post to social media! Leave a comment below, after you’ve made it, to let me know your thoughts!
Smoked Turkey Wings
- 2-4 Lbs Turkey Wings (*Note 1)
- 1.5 Tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1/4 Cup BBQ Rub (*Note 2)
- Coat the turkey wings with olive oil and evenly coat with BBQ rub. Transfer to the refrigerator to dry brine while the smoker gets to temp.
- Pre-heat the smoker to 225 degrees F. Add the wood chips to the smoker and place the turkey wings on the smoker rack.
- Smoke for 2 hours, turning halfway through. The chicken wings should be pulled at 165 degrees F.
- OPTIONAL: Lather in your favorite barbecue sauce before serving.
EXTRA CRISPY SKIN:
- Prefer a super crispy skin? Remove the wings from the smoker and set aside. Turn your smoker up to high. Once heated, sear the wings for 30 seconds on both sides to crisp it up!