TIP – Make sure to follow FoodieandWine.com on Pinterest for more 21 Day Fix Recipes!
Quinoa with Sriracha? Even a non-quinoa fan would enjoy these Spicy Quinoa Cakes. They are quick to assemble and packed with healthy goodness. In fact, when I’m completing the 21 Day Fix, I adjust a few elements to make it 21 Day Fix Approved.
I serve these Spicy Quinoa Cakes as a healthy appetizer when hosting guests. This girl loves her jalapeño poppers and brie but sometimes a healthy change of pace is needed. Particularly when swimsuit season is around the corner, and I refuse to wear a one piece. Fair warning – I will be the 80 year old you spot at the beach in a bikini. #fact
Worried about the spice? The recipe lists 1/2 cup Sriracha buy you can cutback if you like just a touch of spice. For me, I kick it up a notch by dipping the cakes into a mixture of Sriracha and Greek Yogurt.
TIP- Make this a 21 Day Fix Recipe by using wheat Breadcrumbs in place on the Panko and replace the Sriracha with your favorite Mexican hot sauce.
- 2 cups Quinoa (Cooked)
- 1 cup Chopped Baby Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic (Minced)
- ¾ cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Panko
- ½ cup Sriracha (to Taste)
- 3 oz. Goat Cheese (Crumbled)
- 2 Large Eggs (Whisked)
- ½ teaspoon Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt (to Taste)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Cook the quinoa, according to the directions on the package and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the spinach and mince the garlic and add to the same large mixing bowl in addition to the rest of the ingredients (except Olive Oil): breadcrumbs, Panko, Sriracha, goat cheese, eggs, lime juice, chili powder and garlic salt.
- Stir the ingredients until combined.
- Pre-heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 10 servings and, using your hands, form 10 patties.
- Add a little olive oil to the hot skillet and place the patties on top of the oil. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until golden brown, and flip.
- Cook on the 2nd side for 4-5 minutes before removing from the skillet.
- Once all the patties have been cooked, you can enjoy these immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.
Inspired by We Are Not Martha