Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Garlic & Parmesan
This Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe is the ideal "set & forget" Instant Pot recipe. From start to finish this is on the table in under 20 minutes. The garlic and parmesan flavors is a nice twist on a classic.
Servings: 6 People
- 1 Lb Pasta Shells (Or elbow macaroni)
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- 3 Cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (optional - or hot sauce)
- 2 Tbsp Butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 Cup Evaporated Milk (or heavy cream)
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese (grated)
- 4 oz Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Black Pepper (optional)
Add the macaroni, water, minced garlic, garlic powder, cayenne and butter to the instant pot. Stir to combine.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the valve is sealed.
Set to manual (or high pressure) for 4 minutes. When the cooking timer goes off, do a quick pressure release.
Remove the lid and stir to combine. If you see excess water have no fear...it will continue to be soaked up and evaporate.
Immediately add the evaporated milk and cheeses and stir to combine and melt the cheese. Continue to stir until all the cheese is melted and distributed.
Garnish with black pepper (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Do not use regular milk for this recipe. It will be runny vs creamy.
- For a stronger garlic flavor, increase the amount of minced garlic or garlic powder.
- No added salt was included in this recipe as the cheese has a nice level of salt included. If you like to roll with extra salt, add it in at the end.
- Serve immediately for the creamiest texture.