10 Minute Creamy Tomato Soup
Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe featuring basil, tomatoes and cream.
Servings: 3 Bowls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Small Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 2 Cloves garlic (Finely Minced)
- 1 can Tomatoes (Crushed, Diced or Whole -28 oz)
- 1 tbsp Chicken Base (or Vegetable)
- 2 cup Tomato Juice or Water
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1/2-1 cup Heavy Cream
- Minced Basil (to Taste)
- Black Pepper (to Taste)
- Salt (to Taste)
Add the olive oil, onion and garlic to a dutch pot or large sauce pan and heat over medium heat until the onions are translucent (about 2 minutes).
Add the tomatoes, chicken base and tomato juice and stir to combine.
Add the sugar and Italian seasonings and stir to combine
Let the soup simmer over medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Soup should be hot!
Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Blend the soup with a immersion blender (recommended) for a smooth finish.
Divide into 3 bowls and top with heavy cream and minced basil.