Spicy Zucchini Noodles
We love anything spicy, so when summer is in full swing and zucchini is a plenty, our go to spicy zucchini recipe is this quick and easy 5 minute spicy zucchini noodles with lemon. With only a few ingredients you can turn a plain green veggie into a masterpiece your entire family with love. Well, as long as they like a little kick to their veggies!
Spicy zucchini noodles are nothing new. There are plenty of zucchini pasta recipes out there, but we don’t always want to sub them in as a gluten free noodle replacement. Sometimes we just want stellar vegetables that shine on their own. Just like often times we just want a fatty bowl of white gluten noodles….smothered with homemade spaghetti sauce. There I said it.
Want to turn this into a meal, pair it with our Easy Lemon and Shrimp and you’re good to go!
Don’t have a fancy spiralizer? Have no fear! Here’s How to Make Zucchini Noodles Without a Spiralizer:
Buy pre-made zucchini noodles at the grocery store.
Use your peeler to make flat ribbon shaped noodles instead of curls.
Use the julienne feature of your mandoline.
In the market for a spiralizer? This inexpensive spiralizer is what we use!
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (or to Taste)
- 1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
- 1 Large Zucchini (Spiralized)
- ¼ Lemon
- Parmesan Cheese (to Taste)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the oil, red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Stir in the zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes, depending on how firm you like your noodles.
- Transfer to a bowl and squeeze the lemon over the noodles and top with parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy immediately.
Whole30- Looking for whole30 zucchini noodle recipes? Yep- this is Whole30 compliant.
Weight Watchers – Omit the parmesan cheese and cut back the olive oil to 1 tsp and you can chow down on an entire bowl for only 1 point!
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: