Let me introduce you to my muffin soul mate…other wise known as a Blueberry Muffins. Love them. They are sheer perfection. While I’m a firm believer in “don’t mess with perfection” I also believe I needed to create a healthy version of my favorite blueberry muffins cause this girl needs to eat them more than “occasionally.”
These healthy blueberry muffins are paleo friendly, vegetarian and gluten free. Your dog and/or cat will thank you! Oh, your waist line will also.
If you don’t care about the vegetarian aspect, you can use regular butter or coconut oil in place of the ghee. What is ghee? Ghee is clarified butter; all the animal fat has been removed.
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Ghee (Melted)
- ⅓ Cup Maple Syrup or Honey
- ½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ Cup Blueberries + Extra for Top
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter equally between the 12 liners. Sprinkle additional blueberries over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops are a golden brown.