Easy Chinese Fried Rice loaded with beef and vegetables. Learn how to make fried rice that’s better than your local Chinese Restaurant at a fraction of the price.
Serve alongside Hunan Shrimp, Hunan Beef, Chow Mei Fun, Empress Chicken or Honey Walnut Shrimp for a complete Asian-themed meal.
Welcome to Asian Recipes 101. First up: Chinese Fried Rice. For those interested in expanding their culinary toolbox to include asian-inspired dishes, Beef Fried Rice is the perfect introductory recipe. It’s quick, easy and most importantly, doesn’t require any crazy asian ingredients to scare you off (we’re looking at you Black Mung).
As with many Asian recipes, the vegetables you use are entirely up to you. I’ve had beef friend rice that included 15 different veggies, but we found ourself picking out a few that over powered the dish. We love edamame but don’t care for it mixed into food. The texture just doesn’t do anything for us. But you may disagree and find it perfect to include in your final version.
This 9 ingredient Easy Fried Rice Recipe can be paired with our Egg Drop Soup or Benihana’s Ginger Salad Dressing to make it a full blown Chinese meal.
HOW TO MAKE CHINESE FRIED RICE
Use cold rice! We make instant pot sushi rice in the morning and stick it in the refrigerator until it’s dinner time. Better yet? Make it the day before. It sucks the excess moisture out which leads to a nice crunchy exterior. Hot rice = mushy rice.
Prep ALL the ingredients in advance. It’s best to have your eggs whisked, onions diced and soy sauce on the counter, ready for action.
Fried Rice is similar to Caramelized Onions. Just when you think they’re ready, count to 30. The additional cook time will really elevate the crunch and taste of the rice. You want it a little colored vs stark white.
Chinese Fried Rice should be loaded with veggies! Please don’t skimp. That would be a travesty to Chinese Fried Rice everywhere.
What Drink Pairs With Fried Rice
WINE- Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürztraminer
BEER – Amber Ale, Pilsner Urquell, Belgian Golden Strong Ale
- 4 tbsp Salted Butter Divided into 3 Equal Parts
- ½ lb Beef Any Variety - Diced
- 3 large Eggs Whisked
- 1 cup Frozen Carrot and Peas Mixture
- 1 Small Yellow Onion Diced
- 4 clove garlic Minced
- Salt To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 4 cup Short Grain White Rice Cooked and Chilled
- 4 Green Onions Sliced
- 4-5 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a tablespoon of butter. Once melted add the diced steak. Cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly pink.
- Transfer the steak to a small plate and set aside.
- Add a 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the same skillet and let melt.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and scramble until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer the eggs to a small plate and set aside.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to the same skillet and add the carrots/peas mixture and onion. Saute for 4-5 minutes until firm.
- Add the minced garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Turn the heat to high and add in the remaining butter and let melt.
- Add the rice, half the green onions and soy sauce and stir until combined.
- Fry the rice for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and steak and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Once the seasonings are to your liking, stir in the sesame oil (1/2 tsp at a time).
- Serve immediately!
Hunan Beef - ReportWire
Wednesday 18th of January 2023
[…] More Chinese Takeout Recipes: Chow Mei Fun, Honey Walnut Shrimp, Empress Chicken and Fried Rice. […]
Honey Walnut Shrimp (With Candied Walnuts!) – onstoriesusa.com
Thursday 15th of December 2022
[…] shrimp pairs with Empress Chicken or Fried Rice (or even Instant Pot Sushi […]
Tuesday 13th of September 2016
Yum that's great with out the high price of the restaurant. I needed this recipe.
Family Friendly Meal Plan
Sunday 3rd of April 2016
[…] Chinese Fried Rice with Beef and Vegetables […]