Welcome the day with an immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory elixir comprised of just lemon, ginger and cayenne pepper. Throw in an orange to amp up the nutrition of this immunity shot, if desired. These wellness lemon and ginger shots take just minutes to make.
Every winter I load up on nourishing immunity shot recipes, such as this Lemon and Ginger Shot and our Immune Boosting Ginger and Turmeric Shots. Minimal ingredients are required and they’re MUCH cheaper than those found in stores. These wellness shot recipes, Healthy Green Smoothie and Instant Pot Bone Broth recipes are made often come January.
Ginger Shot Recipe
These lemon ginger shots require just three ingredients to make – four if you’d prefer to tame the spicy kick of the ginger by adding an orange. This small immune booster shot packs a huge nutrition punch. I use an inexpensive Hamilton Beach Juicer, but a high speed blender will also work. Instructions for both are included below.
HOW TO MAKE Ginger SHOTS
If using a juicer, this spicy ginger shot recipes can be made in only five minutes in 4 short steps:
Prep the Produce – wash the ginger and lemon with a vegetable brush or toothbrush.
Juice the Produce – Juice the ginger and lemon (and orange, if adding).
Add the Cayenne Pepper – Add the cayenne pepper to the juice and stir to combine
Enjoy – throw back this bad boy and reap the rewards.
Ginger Shot Benefits
As detailed in our Ginger Turmeric Shot recipe, ginger is a powerhouse of nutrition. Think rich with antioxidants, natural inflammatory, immune system booster and more. Head over and read up if you’re not familiar with all the benefits of ginger. Ginger shots for colds and ginger shots for weight loss are two reasons we incorporate these into our diet.
When Should You Take Ginger Shots?
Preferably in the morning. The ginger will help boost your metabolism and sooth any belly issues you may wake up with.
**DISCLAIMER** I am not a doctor and am not offering up medical advice. These are just benefits I’ve personally researched.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES
Quck and Easy Instant Pot Bone Broth
Easy Garlic Lemon Shrimp
Quick and Healthy Vegetable Stock
- 2 Lemons (*Note 1)
- 1 2" Piece of Fresh Ginger (*Note 2)
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Large Orange (*Note 3)
- Wash the ginger with a vegetable brush or toothbrush and juice with the juicer.
- Remove the peel from the lemons and juice with the juicer.
- If adding an orange, remove the peel and juice with the juicer.
- Add the cayenne pepper directly to the juice and manually stir to combine.
- Enjoy immediately or store in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Juice the lemons (and orange if using) and add it to the blender followed by the ginger (skin removed) and cayenne pepper. Blend for 30 seconds, on high. If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon of water. Repeat a tablespoon at a time until the mix gets going.
- Strain through a small fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag.
- Enjoy immediately or store in airtight containers in the refrigerator up to 3 days. (*Note 4)