Easy Philly Cheesesteak Recipe loaded with ribeye, cheese, onions, peppers and flavor. An easy Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Recipe ready in under 25 minutes!
Like sandwich recipes? Check out our popular Prime Rib Sandwich and Tri Tip Sandwich.
This is for all the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich and Instant Pot lovers out there! We love this set and forget Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich recipe. It’s quick and super easy to make and ready in under 25 minutes. It’s an Instant Pot Recipe your entire family will enjoy.
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches come in many shapes and sizes, although the authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches are made with rib eye, cheez wiz and a specialty roll called Amoroso rolls, not commonly found outside Philadelphia.
For the rest of us, there are easy substitutions that make for one killer, easy Philly Cheese Steak recipe. While we love Cheez wiz, we prefer provolone cheese on our sandwich, which is what we’ve featured in our recipe. Feel free to replace with Cheez wiz or American. We’ve seen some recipes featuring swiss cheese, but we’re not fans. Throws off the traditional flavor balance.
We prefer to use the traditional rib eye, however it’s rather expensive and you can get similar results with top round. When utilizing tougher cuts of meats we like sprinkling meat tenderizer on it a few minutes prior to cooking. This is also a great way to use up leftover Sous Vide Ribeye, Sous Vide Prime Rib, Smoked Beef Tenderloin, Smoked Prime Rib or Prime Rib.
- Freeze the steak for 30 minutes prior to slicing to make it easier to cut into thin strips.
- Like mushrooms in your Philly Cheesesteak? Add in a handful of them in when you’re sautéing the pepper/onion mixture.
- This Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich Recipe can be doubled to make four sandwiches or tripled to make six, depending on your needs.
- TIP – the liquid left over after cooking makes a great “prime rib au jus” style dip….transfer it to a ramekin and dip your sando right in! It’s the same au jus we use in our Prime Rib Sandwich and Roast Beef Sandwich.
READER Q&A ADDITION: – A few of you have asked about the minimal liquid in this recipe. I’ve never had an issue with it not pressurizing as there is water that escapes both the meat and vegetables. In addition we have some butter and Worcestershire.
For reference, since all models are different and that could make a difference, I’m using the Ultra Pot Duo. If you’re worried about it, or your model does have an issue that mine doesn’t, feel free to add a 1/2 cup of beef broth before cooking. It will just mean more Au Jus for you!! Win-win.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Large Onion (yellow or white)
- 1 lb Ribeye Steak
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese
- 2 Soft Hoagie Rolls
- Freeze the beef for 30 minutes (optional - easier to cut).
- Cut the ribeye against the grain into super thin strips and set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting and add the butter.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into 1/4" strips and add to the Instant Pot.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef, onion powder, Worcestershire and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to 8 minutes on "Pressure Cooker" high setting.
- Let NPR for 12 minutes before removing the lid.
- Add 2 slices of cheese and stir to melt and combine.
- Using tongs, take half the mixture and transfer to the hoagie roll. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Add salt to taste and top another slice of cheese (optional).
- Enjoy immediately.
Sous Vide Ribeye Steak – Recipes from All Over
Wednesday 19th of January 2022
[…] here are a few recipes to consider using it in: Prime Rib Sandwich, Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff, Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches, Steak Fajitas or Sancocho […]
Monday 28th of December 2020
This was my first instant pot meal and is a staple in our house now! Everyone loves it! I put the meat on the hoagie roll, top with mushrooms (I do those separately since the kids don’t like them), and put in the oven on low broil to melt the cheese and toast the bun!
Tuesday 29th of December 2020
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it!!
Tuesday 1st of September 2020
Do I need to increase cooking time with using more meat? Thank you!
Wednesday 15th of April 2020
If your hoagie rolls fit flat in the bottom of the instant pot, drop some butter in the pot and toast the rolls before you saute the peppers, onions and beef. This works even better with brioche rolls, it gives you that perfect crispy diner-style griddle toasting taste and texture on the bread.
Tuesday 7th of April 2020
I will try for the first time tonight not sure what city it steak I have wei probably cook for 12 min based on what I’ve read. Can’t wait! Thank you for making it so ez and for sharing!