If you’re looking to cook Roast Beef like you find in restaurants, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve tried every cut of beef and seasonings over the years and this is the end results. We also have an Instant Pot version (Instant Pot Roast Beef).
This Roast Beef Recipe is PERFECT for our Roast Beef Sandwiches, Prime Rib Sandwiches or as a main dish on holidays. It’s also VERY similar to our Prime Rib Recipe.
We use Instant Pot Bone Broth vs. store bought, just because we usually have some on hand.
Tip – Hands down, boneless rump roast is the way to go for this recipe. If you already have round roast or sirloin tip on hand, it will work as well, but it’s not as “melt in your mouth”.
- 2.5 lb Boneless Rump Roast round roast or sirloin tip will work
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves Sliced
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Beef Stock
- 2 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Mix the salt, pepper, thyme, basil, rosemary and garlic powder together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Make small slits around the roast, about 1/2" deep. Insert a piece of sliced garlic into each slit.
- Cover the roast with olive oil until well coasted and sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the top. Using your hands, rub the seasoning mixture in until the roast is evenly coated.
- Add the water and beef stock to the bottom of a roasting pan. Add the rack to the roasting pan and place the roast, with the fat side facing up, on the rack. The roast should not be touching the water/beef stock mix.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and cook for 55-65 minutes or until the largest part of the roast reaches 135 degrees. Do not open the oven during this time.
- Remove the roast from the oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes so the temperature rises to 145.
- When ready to eat, slice across the grain as thinly as possible.
- Enjoy immediately or place it in the refrigerator covered for up to 3 days.
Use the Roast Beef for these tasty Roast Beef Sandwich with Egg and Hashbrowns!
Saturday 23rd of February 2019
Could you cook onions,potato’s and carrots in the beef stock water?