It’s October 1st which means Pumpkin season has officially arrived! Of course here in Southern California it’s in the high 80s so it’s a bit hard to get excited about fall and pumpkin recipes when you’re sweltering and don’t want to turn your oven on. Fortunately, this Pumpkin Doughnut Holes recipe doesn’t require the use of the oven!
FoodieandWine.com recently purchased this Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer and knew creating Pumpkin Doughnut Holes, to share with our readers, was the way to break it in. Don’t have a deep fryer? No worries….the stove top will work just fine.
These Pumpkin Doughnut Holes are better than the doughnut holes you’ll find in-stores and take less than 30 minutes to make, from start to finish. The only downside? Having to share them.
Kick off pumpkin season right, with this Easy Pumpkin Doughnut Recipe!
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Pumpkin Pie Bites
- Doughnut Holes:
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2.5 Sugar
- 4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ stick Unsalted Butter Melted
- Oil for Frying
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- Combine the ½ cup sugar and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oil (approx. 2.5″ deep) to 375 degrees (stove top or Small Deep Fryer).
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin spice together in a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Fold in the melted butter until a soft dough forms.
- Line a large plate with paper towels (to soak up excess oil) and set aside.
- Roll the dough into small balls (walnut size).
- Fry 4-5 doughnuts at a time until they are golden brown. Remove them from the oil and immediately roll them in the sugar coating. Place on the paper towel lined plate to soak up the excess oil.
- Repeat until the dough is gone. Makes about 20-24 doughnut holes.
Inspired by these Churro Doughnut Holes