Welcome Fall with these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. These muffins are loaded with your favorite fall spices and flavors, just like our Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese, Pumpkin Pasta Sauce, Pumpkin Snickerdoodles and Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. Serve them at your holiday gathering or make a batch for an on-the-go breakfast with your morning latte.
Fall is officially here and we couldn’t be happier. From snuggly sweaters to cooler weather, we love all things Fall. Particularly these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. They are everything you want in a muffin: moist, flavorful and easy to make.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are the perfect addition to your holiday work party or even your kids bake sale. I mean Pumpkin + Cream Cheese = SOLD to the highest bidder. It’s as classic as Banana + Cream Cheese, as featured in our cream cheese banana bread.
Truth be told, one of the reasons we love pumpkin season is because it signals Christmas is right around the corner. And who doesn’t love all things Christmas! Screw the presents, I want 3 Ingredient Fudge, Prime Rib and Mariah Carey tunes blasting on my radio from dusk til dawn.
These Pumpkin Muffins will be on your menu plan all year long for sure.
Don’t these babies look gorgeous?
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Here are a few tips to making the best Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.
Use quality vanilla extract. Yes it’s gotten pricey over the years but it’s worth the investment. We make our own Homemade Vanilla Extract. Prefer to buy it? Here’s a good Vanilla Extract.
Like nuts? Throw in some nuts before you transfer the mix to the muffin tins. Or throw some on top of the cream cheese topping.
Like to max out on pumpkin spice? Add an extra 1/2 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice to increase the flavor.
These freeze well. Yep – you heard that right. These babies freeze up nicely. You’re welcome.
Looking for more fall favorites? Check out our Slow Cooker Baked Apples, Caramel Apple Pie Bites, and Pumpkin Doughnut Holes.
- 1 ¾ Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree (Not pumkin pie filling)
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 2 large Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
CREAM CHEESE TOPPING
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Line the muffin plan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Slowly beat in the eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Slowly whisk in the dry flour mixture, until you've worked out the lumps.
- Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Slowly beat in the granulated sugar, egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese frosting to the tops of each muffin.
- Using a toothpick, gently swirl the cream cheese frosting into the batter.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- Enjoy once cooled!
Wednesday 1st of February 2023
Glad I doubled it!
Tuesday 14th of February 2023
These are a favorite around these parts!
Sunday 13th of November 2022
Very yummy recipe. I didn’t change anything. Thanks for posting.
Monday 7th of November 2022
Can fresh pumpkin puree be used instead of canned? Thanks
Sunday 24th of October 2021
These muffins are awesome! You are right I should have doubled the recipe.
Wednesday 13th of October 2021
Will these freeze well?