These tasty pumpkin pie bites are loaded with the creamy pumpkin flavor you love in bite size form. This perfect fall recipe has a buttery, flakey crust packed with a creamy pumpkin filling. They’re as easy to make as our Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese and Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars.
Fall just arrived this week and we’ve already posted two pumpkin recipes on Foodie and Wine. We know. We may have a problem. A pumpkin problem. I guess if you’re going to have a vice, pumpkin puree laden treats is a good one to have. Of course once we step on the scale after the holidays we may change our mind. We reserve the right to.
This Pumpkin Bites recipe is simple and quick, once you have your pie dough. If you’re making dough from scratch you’ll need to plan ahead using our recipe as it takes 4 hours to chill. We tend to make pie dough from scratch (you’ll find the recipe included below), however a pre-made pie dough is just as lovely and half the work. We don’t judge. Grab that roll of buttery flakey goodness and stick it in your shopping cart. In fact, grab two and thank us for it later.
One thing we love about these pumpkin pie bites is their overall texture and flavor at varying temperatures. These pie bites are just as good cold from the fridge as they are straight from the oven. Of course they’re so good they may not even make it into the fridge. Again- We won’t judge you for it. We get it.
PUMPKIN PIE BITES
Top these bad boys with cool whip, whip cream or marshmallow cream. We’ve been known to top off with chopped nuts. It’s all good.
Once cooled, store these in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
If you’re using store bought dough, you will use both crusts. If you’re using a homemade pie dough recipe, double it.
The only special kitchen item you need to make these pumpkin pie bites is a mini muffin tin. That’s it.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Bites with Buttery Crust
Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 2 Homemade Dough Crusts or store bought pie crust (store bought already comes with 2 per package)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 large Eggs (one is for the egg wash)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional Topping: whipped cream, cool whip, etc.
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Homemade Pie Crust Dough
- 1.25 Cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter (cold and diced)
- 1/4 Cup Ice Water
Pumpkin Pie Bites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Gently roll out your homemade pie dough on to a floured surface with a rolling pin. If you're using store bought crust, gently unroll onto the surface - no rolling pin required.
- Using a 2" cookie cutter, cut 24 rounds out of your dough.
- Using your fingers, gently transfer the cut dough to the mini muffin tin and gently press into shape.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and beat with 1 tablespoon of water to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash onto the top of each pie crust. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth.
- Add one egg and beat until combined followed by the second egg.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat to combine.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pumpkin batter into each mini pie crust. It should be about 80% filled.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and cool for about 30 minutes prior to topping.
- Top with whipped cream, cool whip or marshmallow cream followed by an extra pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
Homemade Pie Crust
- In a large bowl, combine and flour and salt.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the ice cold water, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough forms a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.