Spring is finally here and with it comes our favorite grilled recipes. Come April, we turn off the oven and dust off our grill. This Grilled Artichokes with Lemon-Basil Dipping Sauce is usually one of the first items to make it’s way onto our plate.
We’ll take artichokes any way we can get them: plain, steamed, lathered in butter, fried. Our favorite comes way of our sibling, who created this side dish. Truth be told this usually turns into a full blown lunch. This artichoke recipe is a hard act to follow.
Check out the other Grilled Recipes we’ve shared to see what we’re grilling this season!
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Fresh Basil Leaves (Julienned)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Smashed)
- 2 Artichokes (Halved - fuzz removed)
- 1 Lemon (Halved)
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Pepper
- ½ Cup Full Fat Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- *optional ½ tsp Sriracha rooster sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, over high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, basil and garlic. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat for another 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Rub half the lemon over the entire artichoke (inside and out). Place cut side down in the boiling water for 25 minutes to steam.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil mixture and Sriracha Roster Sauce (optional) and stir to combine. Place in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat for another 15 seconds. Set aside.
- After steaming, rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil mixture over the entire artichoke. Season with lemon pepper.
- Turn the grill on high heat. Place the artichokes, cut side down, on the grill for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy immediately!
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: