Pan roasted mushrooms drowning in butter, thyme and garlic. Ideally served next to steak and potatoes or polenta and sautéed spinach for a meatless meal.
Pan Roasted Mushrooms in Garlic Butter Sauce. Even the name exudes sophistication and decadence. Think meaty mushrooms drowning in a creamy garlic butter sauce. While hardy enough to serve as an entire meal, on crusty french bread no less, I much prefer to pair with roast beef and Crock Pot potatoes. Yep – there’s the decadence part. Sometimes a girl wants what a girl wants. And I want garlicky buttery mushrooms. Well, sometimes I want these red wine sauteed mushrooms, but today I’ll stick with these roasted mushrooms.
I’ve done a lot of experimenting with these roasted mushrooms over the past few years and have the proportions down to a science. Most recipes you’ll find on FoodieandWine.com are pretty flexible, but this isn’t one of them. Sure- you can slab as much garlic and butter as you like, but make sure you read our cooking tips and stick to them. Stick. To. The. Tips.
Own an instant pot? Utilizing this very recipe, we created a Roasted Mushrooms version for the Instant Pot: Garlic Butter Mushrooms.
* You may use small button mushrooms, brown mushrooms or white mushrooms. They all cook beautifully.
* IMPORTANT: Do not soak or rinse your mushrooms to clean! Use a damp paper towel to clean and remove dirt from the mushrooms. Mushrooms act like a sponge and will become water logged – this water will release when cooked watering down the sauce.
* Don’t crowd the mushrooms. When you crowd the mushrooms they release water therefore “steam” them instead of roast them. You’ll end up with watery garlic sauce instead of a creamy butter sauce. Sure it still tastes good. But the flavors are muted and the texture is thinned.
* Don’t skimp on the butter. Or Garlic. There is no such thing as too much garlic.
* Turn this into a vegetarian meal by serving over polenta or bread. Add some sautéed spinach and you have a well rounded meal.
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: