Spinach and Feta Phyllo Cups
This is a nice little appetizer I like to bring to family functions. This is one of those recipes that can easily adapt to your families taste. I LOVE garlic and actually throw in a little garlic salt, on top of what’s listed in the recipe, but that’s overkill for many.
heads lovers will love the duo cheese combo goin’ on. If I have goat cheese on hand I’ll throw a little in as well. Whenever I throw a ragin’ party in my mouth, cheese is usually a guest and he never shows up empty handed.
This recipe is made with Phyllo Cups, but you can easily substitute in Puff Pastry.
Check out my Homemade Puff Pastry recipe if you prefer to go 100% homemade.
- 8 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese Plain or Herb Variety
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Garlic Cloves Finely Minced
- 1-2 Shallots Finely Minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 2 Boxes Frozen Chopped Spinach, 10 oz
- 3 Packages of Pre-made Mini Phyllo Cups
- Thaw the Spinach and squeeze out the excess water.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, mix the feta, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, shallots, oregano, salt and black pepper until combined. Fold in the spinach.
- Fill the mini phyllo cups with the spinach mixture.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until the top is browned.
- Let rest to set for 3-4 minutes before serving.