Caramel and Apples is one of our favorite food combinations. It’s right up there next to banana and peanut butter and chocolate and peanut butter. Sometimes flavors just harmonize and create blissful eating experiences no matter the recipe. This Caramel Apple Pie Bites Recipe is one of them.
These Caramel Apple Pie Bites are perfect for the upcoming holiday season. If you’re looking for fall recipes, this one should be on your list. They hold up well, are easy to make and can easily be served at your holiday bash. No forks or knives needed. Just Grab. Pop. Enjoy. Repeat.
Much easier to eat than our fabulous, but messy, Raspberry, Cream Cheese and Chocolate Bars.
Bust out your mini muffin tin for this one. You can absolutely use a standard size muffin tin, and adjust accordingly, but then they’re not “bites.” We use this Wilton Mini Muffin Tin.
We like using our Puff Pastry Recipe, but Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry will also do the trick. They sell them in sheets or cups to make it easier.
What are the best apples for apple pie, you ask? We prefer tart apples and always use Granny Smith apples, but Honeycrisps also work well. They stay slightly crispy when cooked and don’t get mushy like other varieties.
- 1 Batch of Puff Pastry (or 2 pre-packaged sheets)
- 3 Large Granny Smith Apples
- 1 Package of Kraft Caramel Bites
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 2" x 2" squares.
- Transfer the pastry squares into a mini muffin tin.
- Evenly distribute the caramel bites between the pastry cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Peel the apples and finely dice.
- Place the diced apples in a medium size bowl and stir in the lemon juice.
- Shake the cinnamon sugar mixture over the apples and toss to coat.
- Place approximately 1-1.5 Tablespoons of the apple mixture on top of the caramel. The apple mixture should peak over the top of the pastry slightly (since the pastry will expand).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (depending on your oven).