We are sharing one of absolute favorite holiday drink recipes with you, Puerto Rican Coconut Egg Nog (Coquito). This Coquito Recipe is loaded with a variety of coconut flavors and topped off with white rum.
Coquito. This one word immediately evokes happy thoughts. Once a year we whip up a huge batch of for Christmas and serve to our guests. Many of you are probably wondering what Coquito is. Coquito is a decadent Puerto Rican Coconut Eggnog recipe. It’s made with rum, coconut milk, sweet condensed milk and other tasty ingredients.
A “friend of a friend” introduced us to this Coquito recipe a few years back and we’ve been making it every Christmas since. While the kids are snug in their beds having visions of sugar plums, we whip out the batch of Coquito and have visions of Santa after partaking in the pitcher.
Coquito is one of those drinks that will leave a lasting impression on your guests. They’ll rave for days and ask for your recipe. It really is that good.
How To Make Coquito
Don’t care for raw eggs? Leave them out. This Puerto Rico Coquito Recipe is just fine without them. Problem solved.
Before we move on to the recipe, I have (2) warnings for Coquito Virgins:
Remember the first time you had a sip of wine and swore you were tipsy? Yeah, this recipe will do just that. It’s strong. It’s meant to be poured over ice and sipped. If you’re not a sipper (HELLO!) you can cut back on the rum. Or not.
If you’re watching your waistline your best bet is to sit on the sideline. This drink isn’t even close to “low” anything….calories, fat, sugar, etc. It’s the reason we make it only once a year.
The best thing about Coquito is it’s adaptability. Sprinkle in some cocoa, orange zest, nutmeg or the like to adjust to your preference.
We prefer it as written below. Clean. Simple. Coco-nutty.
Without Further Ado…Our Favorite Holiday Drink Recipe, Coquito.
Coquito (Puerto Rican Coconut Eggnog)
- 1 can Evaporated Milk (12 oz)
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 oz)
- 1 can Sweetened Cream of Coconut (15 oz)
- 1 can Coconut Milk (14 oz)
- 1.5 cup White Rum or Coconut Rum
- 2 Medium Egg Yolks
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream of coconut and coconut milk to a large blender and blend until combined.
- Add the egg yolks and blend for 10 seconds.
- Add the rum, vanilla, and ground cinnamon, and blend until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a pitcher and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours (until cold).
- When ready to serve, pour a small amount over ice and top with a dash of ground cinnamon.