You’re going to wish it was winter all year thanks to this Easy and Festive Mulled Wine Recipe. Cinnamon, spice and everything nice!
When it’s 30 degrees on Christmas Eve and the kids are driving you up the walls with stories of Saint Nick, you’ll want the ingredients to make mulled wine on hand. What else will warm up your fingers enough to properly put together the intricate Barbie Cruise Ship toy your loved one asked Santa for? The hour you planned to put that baby together soon turns into 2 when your fingers are too cold to move.
This simple mulled wine recipe has been one of the best additions to our holiday feast. It’s everything winter all rolled into one sip; warm, fruity, comforting and relaxing. Let the kids have the hot chocolate. Reach for the ladle and top off your favorite holiday mug with everything spice and nice.
Mulled Wine can be made with a variety of spices and fruits. It’s like the “winter version” of sangria. Who doesn’t like sangria?
Our favorite mix or spices and fruits is listed below, but don’t be afraid to add cranberry, apple, cardamom and other flavors associated with winter. Just start with a gentle hand with the spices and add as you go.
Let the season roll off your tongue this holiday.
As for the Barbie Cruise Ship….don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- 1 bottle Dry Red Wine 750-ml
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 Orange (Juice and Sliced)
- 8 Whole Cloves
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 1 Pod Star Anise
- Combine the wine, brandy, honey, orange juice, orange slices, cloves, cinnamon sticks and star anise in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to low for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Strain into mugs and garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange peels or the like!