Healthy Tomato and Zucchini Frittata loaded with flavors and spice. Ready in under 30 minutes. Versatile enough to add your favorite veggies or herbs.
It’s August which means school is almost back in season and summer fruits are vegetables are bountiful in kitchens. If you’re anything like us, you have a ton of tomatoes and zucchini from the garden or farmers market and you’re left wondering how to use them up. This healthy tomato and zucchini frittata recipe is the way to go. It’s healthy and really highlights the tomato and zucchini flavors.
This tomato and zucchini vegetable frittata is very forgiving. Use your favorite cheese and add in whatever veggies you have on hand to make it your own.
Have fresh basil? Chop it up and throw it in! Have spinach? Turn this into a spinach frittata.
This is a great make ahead meal. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Who says this breakfast frittata can’t be a dinner frittata?
FOODIE AND WINE DRINK PAIRING RECOMMENDATIONS
Wines: Champagne, Sauvignon Blanc and Chablis
- 6 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (Grated)
- ⅛ tsp Ground Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 1 tsp garlic (Minced)
- 1 Medium Zucchini (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Tomato (Thinly Sliced)
- Salt (To taste)
- Pepper (Thinly Sliced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs, cheese and thyme together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Pre-heat a large skillet with oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent (approx. 6-7 minutes).
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (approx. 1 minute)
- Add the zucchini and cook until soft (approx. 6-7 minutes).
- Evenly arrange the vegetables on the skillet.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the oven proof skillet to the oven and bake for 14-15 minutes until the middle is set.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and enjoy for up to 3 days.
- Top with salt and/or pepper, to taste.