This isn’t one of those recipes that, upon reading, the word “genius” pops in your head. It’s a staple recipe in my home that replaced the chemical-laden pre-made garlic bread from the grocery store. I made the switch years ago and will never go back. This Garlic Bread with Parmesan Cheese recipe is our favorite.
This is a great recipe to use for our Prime Rib Sandwich or as a side to Penne Pomodoro or Squid Ink Pasta.
I will confess…..I only make this garlic bread with parmesan cheese recipe a few times a year. Why? I have no self control when it comes to garlic bread. None. Some folks love chocolate. Others love ice cream. For me, it’s garlic bread. I’m pretty sure I was a deprived child growing up in a family of 6. We were only allotted two slices of garlic bread. Of course 9 times out of 10 my mother would pass her second slice to me, knowing how much I loved the stuff.
Some things never change.
One thing I love about this garlic bread recipe is its adaptability. The more garlic the better for me, but others just like a hint. Same goes for the cheese. The more you make it, the more you know how to adjust the recipe to suit your taste.
- 1 Loaf of French Bread
- 6 Garlic Cloves, Minced Minced
- 4 tbsp Melted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parsley, Fresh or Dried
- ½ - 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt To Taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the french bread in half.
- Mix the melted butter, olive oil, minced garlic and parsley together until combined. Add a pinch of salt, to taste.
- Evenly distribute the butter mixture over the 2 pieces of french bread.
- Immediately top with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until it's a bit brown on the outside and still soft in the center.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 2-3 minutes to cool down. Slice and enjoy!