Starbucks Egg Bites using the Instant Pot! This recipe is loaded with red peppers, spinach and flavor! This is a 21 Day Fix, Weight Watchers and Keto Friendly Recipe (with adjustments).
If you’ve been wondering “how to make sous vide egg bites without a sous vide machine” you’ve come to the right place. Last month we posted this Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites with bacon recipe and y’all loved them. What’s not to love about this egg bites recipe? It’s loaded with cheese, flavor and the creamy richness of the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites – without the price tag and pricey sous vide machine.
Since the day we posted the original Starbucks Egg Bites recipe, tons of you asked for a healthy version featuring the second Starbucks sous vide egg bites flavor – Roasted Red Pepper. We’re happy to announce it’s here! You’ll find all the flavor, ease and charm of our original recipe, without all the calories and fat.
As with our original bacon version, this Starbucks Egg Bites recipe is simple to make with only a few staple ingredients. We worked off the ingredients listed located on the official Starbucks website, which lists: egg whites, cottage cheese, monterey jack cheese , red bell pepper, rice starch, unsalted butter, spinach, canola oil, feta cheese, green onion, salt, hot sauce, canola oil, spice.
Utilizing this list we cut out the ingredients we felt were unnecessary for a successful homemade Instant Pot version. Two main omissions being rice starch and canola oil. We kept it to simple and easy to find ingredients.
We utilized the popular Instant Pot Duo Plus and these Ball 4 oz Mason Jars for this recipe. Interested in keeping the circular shape of the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites? Use this baby food freezer storage tray in place of the mason jars.
Starbucks Egg Bites
- Starbucks version only utilizes the whites of the eggs, however to increase protein we kept the yolks in. We’re crazy like that. Remove them if you prefer to keep this an egg whites only recipe.
- Starbucks version utilizes Monterey Jack cheese, however we’ve tested it with smoked gouda, pepper jack and cheddar with success. Swiss cheese works, however the flavor is lacking. Mix and match depending on what you have in your fridge.
- Throw in extra spinach for additional nutrients or omit if you prefer a spinach-free experience.
- Make sure to utilize your blender for a consistently smooth texture.
- If you’re using mason jars, or anything other than the silicone molds to make these bites, spray oil is your friend! Make sure to grease the inside of your vessel so the eggs don’t stick.
- If you’re using block feta cheese, vs crumbles, make sure to crumble it up after measuring. The blender has a hard time getting to big chunks of feta cheese.
- If your using the silicon trays, you’ll get about 10 egg bites out of the mixture. If you’re using the small mason jars, you’re looking at about 6-7.
Starbucks Egg Bites are perfect for those on Weight Watchers, 21 Day Fix or even the Keto diet (just a few adjustments would be needed).
Weight Watchers – Two egg bites = 3 points! Lots of “free” point items up in here.
21 Day Fix – These are 21 Day Fix Friendly! Two bites = 1 red and 1/2 blue. It doesn’t actually equal 1/2 blue, so we personally don’t count it, but if you “round up” count it as a half. As for the spinach and red peppers, there isn’t enough in each egg bites to count as a green or portion thereof.
Keto Diet – Use full fat cheese, cottage cheese and greek yogurt to make this Keto friendly.
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: