Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe using your Instant Pot. Smooth, creamy and lighter on your wallet. These Instant Pot Egg Bites are filled with bacon, cheese and flavor.
Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites. Even the name exudes richness, creaminess and sinfulness. At $5-$6 per pop they should be. Instead of venturing out every morning for our latest obsession we decided to make these at home utilizing the same ingredients listed on the Starbucks website. Starbucks Egg Bites are usually baked using a Sous Vide machine but most American homes don’t have one. For good reason. So we dusted off our Instant Pot and went to work.
These Instant Pot Egg Bites are velvety, springy and light. Without the Starbucks price tag. Keep in mind, nothing but utilizing an actual Sous Vide machine will duplicate the exact texture of the Starbucks version, but this gets you pretty close.
UPDATE- A healthy Starbucks Egg Bites Roasted Red Pepper Version is now posted!!
This sous vide egg recipe is simple to make with only a few staple ingredients. Starbucks egg bites ingredients include: egg, bacon, cheese, cottage cheese, unsalted butter and a few ingredients we happily leave out like carrageenan.
Looking for side dish to make it a brunch? Our Instant Pot Little Smokies would pair nicely with these Sous Vide Egg Bites. Or bring out your fancy side and make sous vide prime rib if you’re feeling it!
- Starbucks version utilizes Gruyere and Monterey Jack cheese, however we’ve tested it with smoked gouda, pepper jack and cheddar with success. Swiss cheese works, however the flavor is lacking. Mix and match depending on what you have in your fridge.
- This recipe also works well with cream cheese vs cottage cheese. It’s not quite a light, but the flavor profile is consistent.
- Make sure to utilize your blender for a consistently smooth texture.
- Don’t have heavy cream or prefer to cut down on the calories? Feel free to leave it out. We find the flavor is on par, however it helps smooth out the texture to get that Sous Vide smoothness.
We utilized the popular Instant Pot Duo Plus and these Ball 4 oz Mason Jars for this recipe. Interested in keeping the circular shape of the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites? Use this baby food freezer storage tray in place of the mason jars.
UPDATE- You can also make these cute Homemade Pancakes with this silicone tray!
Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites are perfect for those on Weight Watchers, 21 Day Fix or even the Keto diet. Just a few adjustments would be needed.
Here is our version of the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe. Be prepared to enjoy the goodness from home.
Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites (Instant Pot)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 4 strips bacon (Pork or Turkey)
- 3/4 cup Favorite Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Optional: Dash of Hot Sauce
- Put 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot followed by the trivet that came with your pot.
- Cook the bacon utilizing your favorite method to cook bacon. Crumble and evenly distribute into 4 mason jars.
- Add the eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, cream and salt to the blender and blend until smooth (about 15 seconds).
- Add a dash of hot sauce if desired and blend for a few more seconds.
- Spritz the mason jars with spray oil (no need if using silicon molds)
- Divvy the egg mixture evenly into 4 mason jars.
- Cover each mason jar loosely with foil and place gently in the Instant Pot.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and select "Steam" and set to 8 Minutes.
- NPR (natural pressure release) for 10 minutes and then quick release (QR) the rest.
- Carefully remove the egg bites from the Instant Pot and let cool down for a few minutes.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to a week!