Halloween Jello Shot syringes make the best spooky Halloween Jello Shots! Between the festive bright coloring and spooky plastic syringes, it’s like a party in a tube!
Syringe Jello Shots, just like Fireball Jello Shots, require only 2 ingredients (not including the water) – vodka or rum and any Halloween colored Jello. You can also make them without booze for kids and those who don’t imbibe.
Table of Contents
Halloween Jello Shot Syringes
Before whipping up a batch of this jello shots in syringe recipe, calculate how many you need to make. This will determine what size box of Jello you should use. Here’s a quick guideline:
- 3.2 oz Box of Jello – using a small box will make 12 syringes (1.5 oz size)
- 6 oz Box of Jello – using a large box will make 24 syringes (1.5 oz size)
Here are the ingredients required to make jelly shots in syringe. For additional details, reference the recipe card below:
- Box of Jello
- Boiling Water
- Vodka or Rum
Color and Flavor Options
Red Jello Shots
Our go-to flavor and color when making this syringe jello shots recipe is cherry, followed by strawberry; both provide a spooky bright red blood color.
Green Jello Shots
If making green jello shots, you can do a “mad scientist” or Ghostbusters theme.
Orange Jello Shots
Orange is a classic Halloween color, so no other “theme” is necessary!
Purple Jello Shots
Purple is a classic Halloween color, so no other “theme” is necessary!
How to Make Jello Syringe Shots
Here’s a quick overview to make jello shots in syringes. Reference the recipe card below for full details and instructions.
- Combine the gelatin and boiling water.
- Mix in the booze.
- Grab the syringes and suck up the Jello.
- Remember to put the cap back on the top to avoid spillage.
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
Yep! This festive drink recipe really is that easy to make!
The only special supply required to make halloween syringe jello shots are the plastic syringes!
Each full container has approximately 2/3 oz. of booze, while a regular shot has approximately 1.5 oz. As you can see the jello shots have quite a bit less alcohol in each.
As written, the recipe calls for 1 cup of vodka per 3 oz. box. Adding anything more than that will inhibit the setting of the gelatin.
If there are ‘non drinkers’ at the party to consider, you can absolutely make a mocktail batch. Just add extra water or another liquid, like cranberry juice, 7-up, etc. in place of the booze.
- Make a variety of colors and flavors.
- Use your favorite liquor – we prefer vodka but you can also use white rum or tequila.
- Don’t forget to place the caps back on when making so the gelatin doesn’t leak out.
- Place full party syringes on a cookie sheet for ease of clean up and refrigeration.
- Plan for a two hours minimum refrigeration period when making this Jello Syringe Shots recipe.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve to maintain firmness.
- Jello shot recipes can be made up to 2 days in advance of serving.
- The syringes are re-useable! Just wash in hot soapy water (both before and after).
Jelly Shots in Syringe
Without further ado, here’s how to make jello shots in a syringe.
Remember to drink responsibly!
- 3 oz Cherry or Strawberry Jello (*Note 1)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vodka or white rum (*Note 2)
- Add the Jello and boiling water to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Keep stirring until all crystals have dissolved (approx. 1 minute).
- Add the vodka and stir to combine.
- Remove the cap of the syringe and place it into the jello mixture. Carefully pull up on the plunger to fill it with the Jello mixture. Place the cap back on and place in a large deep bowl or cookie sheet. Repeat until you run out of Jello.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for 2-3 hours, until set. Remove from the refrigerator right before serving.