Fireball Jello Shots are the ultimate adult party favor! Jello Fireball Shots marry the spicy warmth of Fireball whiskey with the jiggly, fun texture and flavor of Jello.
Whiskey Jello Shots require only 2 ingredients (not including the water) – your favorite Cinnamon Whiskey and cherry Jello.
Table of Contents
Jello Fireball Shots
Before whipping up a batch of Jello Fireball Shots, calculate how many you need to make. This will determine what size box of Jello you should use. Here’s a quick guideline:
- 3.2 oz Box of Jello – using a small box will make 14-16 shots, when each cup is filled 3/4 of the way.
- 6 oz Box of Jello – using a large box will make 28-32 shots, when each cup is filled 3/4 of the way.
We utilize 2 oz containers vs. 1 oz containers as they work better in terms of servings per shot.
Here are the ingredients required to make this Fireball Jello Shots recipe. For additional details, please reference the recipe card below:
- Cherry Jello (or your favorite flavor)
- Water (Boiling water and cold water)
- Fireball Whiskey (or any other cinnamon whiskey)
How to Make
Here’s a quick overview to making whisky jello shots. Reference the recipe card below for full details and instructions.
1. Combine the gelatin and boiling water.
2. Mix in the cold water and Fireball Whiskey. You can even use apple cider in place of the water.
3. Pour into 2 oz. plastic shot glasses.
4. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
5. Add optional garnishes.
Yep! Make this Fireball Jello Shot Recipe really is that easy!
Each shot has approximately 1/3 oz of booze, while a regular shot has approximately 1.5 oz. As you can see the jello shots have quite a bit less alcohol in each.
As written, the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of Fireball Whiskey per 3 oz. box. You can replace up to 1/4 cup of the cold water with extra whiskey, however anything more than that will inhibit the setting of the gelatin.
If there are ‘non drinkers’ at the party to consider, you can absolutely make a batch without the booze. Just add extra water or another liquid, like cranberry juice, 7-up, etc.
Fireball Jello Shots
Here are some fun garnish ideas to kick this party favor up a notch!
- Maraschino Cherries
- Whipped Cream
- Sanding Sugar, Sprinkles or Edible Stars
- Candy (think Red Hots, Hot Tamales or Pop Rocks)
While we dig making Cherry Jello Shots, using Green Apple Jello or Orange Jello would also work well. Green or Orange would be perfect to use if making Halloween Jello Shots.
- Use a large glass measuring cup with a pour spout for a clean liquid-to-cup transfer.
- Place empty cups on a cookie sheet for ease of clean up and refrigeration.
- Plan for a 2 hours minimum refrigeration period.
- Keep the shots refrigerated until ready to serve to keep the firm texture.
- If adding a cherry, carve out a little bit of the gelatin so the cherry sits nicely inside.
Prepping and Storage
Any jello shot recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance of serving. Just make sure to place the top on the shots as to ensure a gross film won’t coat the top and change the texture and flavor.
Remember to drink responsibly!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 oz Cherry Jello (*Note 1)
- ⅔ cup Fireball Whiskey
- ⅓ cup cold water
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, cherries, sprinkles. (*Note 2)
- Optional: Place the plastic shot cups on a cookie sheet.
- Add the Cherry Jello and boiling water to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Keep stirring until all crystals have dissolved (approx. 1 minute).
- Add the Fireball whiskey and cold water and stir to combine.
- Carefully pour the liquid into the shot cups, 3/4 of the way full.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and let chill for 2-3 hours, until set.
- Optional: Top with optional garnishes and serve.