This Green Tea Shot recipe, also called a Jameson Green Tea Shot, is a whiskey-based shot full of refreshing peach and lemon flavor. It’s as bubbly and refreshing as its sister shot, the White Tea Shot.
Green tea shots require just 4 ingredients and 2 minutes to make: Jameson whiskey, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix and lemon-lime soda.
Check out our other popular drink recipes: Lemon Drop Shot, Lemon Drop Martini, Irish Breakfast Shot, Pink Starburst Shooter, Mexican Candy Shot, Madras Drink, Corona Sunrise, and Michelada.
Green Tea Shot Ingredients
Wondering what’s in a green shot? Just a few ingredients: Whiskey, Peach Pucker Schnapps, Sweet and Sour Mix and Lemon-lime Soda.
Green Tea Drink
Created by the Jameson Whiskey Company, this green tea drink doesn’t actually contain any green tea. The name was derived from the fact it’s green colored and looks like green tea. Go figure!
Jameson Green Tea Shot
Since Jameson Whiskey invented the drink, it’s the recommended whiskey brand to use. If you don’t have Jameson feel free to use your preference. American or Canadian whiskey will work just fine.
How To Make A Green Tea Shot
Only a few quick steps stand between you and a this green shooter:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice followed by the whiskey, peach schnapps, sweet and sour mix. Shake well for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a shot glass, top with lemon-lime soda and shoot away!
Green Tea Cocktail
To turn this into a green tea cocktail, just serve in a martini glass and top it off with extra lemon lime soda. Or just double the ingredients to keep the drink stiff.
White Tea Shot vs Green Tea Shot
The green tea shots recipe uses whiskey while the white tea shot recipe uses vodka. Hence the difference in color.
When To Serve
Since this is a quick-to-make and fruit/sweet shot, you can serve it at many parties and functions, including:
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Bachelorette Party
- Baby Shower
- Sunday Funday Brunch
- Birthday Parties
- Girls Night
It’s always fun to mix things up when making shot recipes! Here are a few ideas:
- Mix up the Pucker! Try strawberry schnapps or mango schnapps. Here are other schnapps flavors to consider.
- Top it off with lemonade instead of lemon-lime soda for an extra sugary touch.
Cocktail Shaker Replacement
Don’t have a cocktail shaker? No worries – just add everything into a large cup with ice and stir until mixed. Then pour the liquid out to a shot glass as you don’t want the ice watering down the shot. A mason jar with a lid would be idea as well.
- Scale up and make a “party punch”. Add the whiskey, peach schnapps, vodka and sweet and sour mix to a large pitcher and stir. When ready to serve, shake in a cocktail shaker to chill and top with lemon-lime soda before serving.
- To keep the shot from getting water logged, keep the soda and sweet and sour mix in the refrigerator to chill hours before making.
- This shot recipe also work well with diet sodas.
- Leftover Jameson? Use it to make an Irish Mule.
- ½ oz Whiskey, Preferable Jameson (*Note 1)
- ½ oz Peach Schnapps
- ½ oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- 1 Splash Lemon Lime Soda
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice followed by the whiskey, peach schnapps and sweet and sour mix. Shake well for 15-20 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into a shot glass, top with a splash of Lemon-lime soda and shoot away!