Top of The Morning! Welcome your day with an Irish Breakfast Shot. Irish Breakfast Shots take less than 5 minutes to pull together, including the bacon. Or you can go all out by making candied bacon!
If you’re into Jameson Whiskey Drinks, and shot recipes, you must also try out an Irish Mule and Green Tea Shot.
Irish Breakfast Shots
Irish breakfast shots, also referred to as a pancake shot, are designed to make you feel as though you sat down and ate a huge pile of pancakes with maple syrup, bacon and orange juice for breakfast. Instead of needing a plate and fork, however, you only need two shot glasses.
This breakfast shot recipe takes only 4 ingredients, and better yet, only two types of alcohol. Truth be told we skip most drink recipes calling for obscure or 5+ types of liquor. Thankfully, this Irish breakfast drink isn’t one of them! Our Beermosa, Madras Drink, Corona Sunrise, Mexican Mule, Pink Starburst Shooter and Mango Michelada are also easy breakfast drink recipes.
- Irish Whiskey – Any will do but we stick to Jameson’s when making Irish shots or Irish whiskey cocktails.
- Butterscotch Schnapps
- Orange Juice
- If you prefer to make this into a drink vs shot, just add all the liquid ingredients to a cocktail glass, shake and pour over ice.
- Add a teaspoon of maple syrup to up the “breakfast” flavor.
- Swap out standard bacon with candied bacon. We’ve included the recipe in the below recipe card.
More Irish Recipes
Instant Pot Corned Beef
Sous Vide Corned Beef
Instant Pot Potato Soup
Steak and Ale Pie
- 1 Strip Cooked Bacon
- 3 oz Orange Juice
- 1 oz Irish Whiskey (*Note 1)
- .5 oz Butterscotch Schnapps
OPTIONAL: CANDIED BACON
- ½ Lb Thick Cut Bacon
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
OPTIONAL: CANDIED BACON
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Tip- fold the foil into an accordion style layer to ensure crispy bacon. Place the uncooked bacon on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the bacon slices and gently pat the sugar into the bacon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until brown and crispy.
- Transfer the bacon to a cooling rack, or plate lined with paper towels, and let rest for 10 minutes.
IRISH BREAKFAST SHOT
- Cook bacon using your preferred method and set aside.
- Pour the orange juice into a shot glass and place the strip of bacon on the top rim.
- Pour the Jameson Irish Whiskey and Butterscotch Schnapps into a separate shot glass.
- To enjoy: Drink the Whiskey/Schnapps shot, chase it with the orange juice, and munch on the bacon. Repeat as desired!