Forego the usual mimosa this weekend and mix it up by making this 2-ingredient beermosa recipe instead. Beer and orange juice combine to create an awesome brunch cocktail.
Beer and Orange Juice
While we adore champagne, sometimes it’s fun to mix things up a bit. Anytime we can add a new drink to the repertoire, with minimal ingredients, we’re all in.
Beermosa is just a twist on the classic mimosa. Instead of our beloved champagne you use beer. Not just any beer. Good beer. When you’re only using two ingredients you have to make sure both items are high quality. Just say no to Bud Light. Unless that’s your thing.
How To Make A Beermosa
Set aside a whopping two minutes to make this beer cocktail. Just pour the orange juice into a pint glass, top with the beer and garnish away! Drink and repeat.
Best Beer For Beermosa
We usually use what we have on hand. Anything light and unflavored (other than citrus) would work well. Quickly pass on beers with a high IBU rating. Here are a few beers that would work well:
- Blue Moon
- Pacifico Clara
What Is The Best Orange Juice
Fresh squeezed is ideal, however it’s not always an option for folks. We love Simply Orange or Trader Joe’s brand. You can go with pulp or pulp-free. Just keep in mind the pulp tends to float therefore leaves a “soap scum” looking ring at the top of the drink. It’s just as good, but not as pretty.
Mix up a big batch if you’re hosting a party. Just keep the ratio at 2/3 beer to 1/3 orange juice and you’re golden. You don’t want to make a batch bigger than you can serve and consume in about two hours. The beer will go flat. No bueno.
- Add a shot of Blue Curaçao to make this a green beermosa, perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Check out all our St. Patrick’s Day recipes!
- Up the buzz factor and flavor by adding a shot of orange liqueur. Think Grand Marnier, Cointreau or Triple Sec. Truth be told we’d stick with triple sec and keep the expensive top shelf options for other cocktail recipes.
- Other juice ideas: Blood orange, orange mango or orange pineapple.
- Add some sweet and spicy Chamoy Gummies as a garnish using these pretty silver cocktail picks.
What To Serve Them With
Pollo Asado Tacos using Grilled Pollo Asado
Carne Asada Tacos using Carne Asada
Birria Tacos, Birria Ramen or Mulitas de Birria using Birria
Carne Asada Nachos
Carne Asada Fries
Sous Vide Egg Bites
Sausage and Egg Skillet
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a recipe rating, snap a pic and use the hashtag #foodieandwine, after you’ve made the recipe, and post to social media!
- 2/3 cup Beer
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- Add the beer to a tall glass. Gently top with the orange juice. Garnish with strawberries or orange slices and enjoy immediately.