Kick back this summer with a thirst quenching Mango Michelada, a fruity twist on the traditional Michelada. This Mango Michelada recipe is made with only 3 ingredients: mango juice, fresh lime juice and beer. For an extra kick, add a Tajin or Chamoy rim or a dash of hot sauce.
What Is A Mango Michelada
A mango michelada is basically a traditional michelada except the Clamato juice is swapped out for mango juice or mango nectar! This beer-based cocktail is one of the most popular cocktails in Mexico. Our 2-ingredient Beermosa, Corona Sunrise and Mexican Mule are three other drink recipes based on twisting a classic.
Who doesn’t love a cocktail recipe with only 3 ingredients! We’re super turned off by cocktail recipes that require 6-7 different items. It kinda takes the fun out of making it, in our humble opinion. While you can easily pick up a pre-made Modelo mango michelada at the supermarket, it’s much tastier and just as easy to make your own.
A large glass of mango michelada only needs an icy cold Mexican beer, fresh lime juice and mango nectar or juice. If you prefer a bit of spice to your michelada drink, you’ll need a few dashes of hot sauce or Tajín.
Mexican Beer Options
We stick to light Mexican beers when preparing mango michelada beers. Corona is our go-to, as we tend to already have some on hand, but here are some other options:
- Modelo Especial
- Sol Cerveza
- Pacifico Clara
Rim and Garnish Ideas
Don’t have any Tajin for the rim or a fresh mango for the garnish? No problem. Here are some ideas to get you thinking!
- Chamoy and Tajin
- Chili Powder & Salt – Mix equal parts!
- Old Bay Seasoning or Homemade Creole Seasoning
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- Fresh mango, diced
- Lime wedges
- Tamarindo Mexican Candy Sticks (as pictured below)
- Cowboy Candy
- Pickled Peppers or Pickled Banana Peppers
- Pickled Red Onions
- Pickled Cucumbers
- Shrimp – Make sure it’s cooked!
What To Serve With A Mango Michelada
Here are some Mexican recipes to serve with these amazing mango micheladas.
- Anything Carne Asada Related – Carne Asada, Carne Asada Tacos, Carne Asada Nachos, Carne Asada Fries
- Chips and Salsa – make a batch of Air Fryer Tortilla Chips and serve with Mango Habanero Sauce, homemade salsa, pico de gallo and mango pico de gallo
- Chips and 4 Ingredient Guacamole
- Chips and Refried Bean Dip
- Steak Fajitas or Chicken Fajitas
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Mango Habanero Wings
Tajin is a Mexican seasoning blend made of chili powder and lime. You can find it at most supermarkets or Amazon. Sometimes we spot it in the produce section in addition to the spice aisle.
This mango michelada recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. No edits to the measurements are required.
This mango beer michelada can be made ahead of time. Just pre-mix the mango nectar and lime juice and keep this mix covered in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, just pour it over a glass of ice and top with the beer. You don’t want to add the beer in advance as it will lose the fizz!
Our favorite hot sauce, to use in drink recipes, is Secret Aardvark Habanero Sauce. Other great hot sauce options: Tabasco, Frank’s Hot Sauce (Not Frank’s Wing Sauce) or Tapatio. You can also use any of these hot sauce options in our Mexican Candy Shot.
- 3/4 cup Mango Juice or Nectar
- 1/2 Fresh Lime, Juiced
- 12 oz Chilled Mexican Beer
Rim and Garnish (Optional):
- 1 tbsp Tajín, For Rim
- Hot Sauce, to Taste
- Garnish: Fresh Mango Chunks or Lime Wedge
- Optional Tajín Rim: Add the Tajín to a small plate and spread into a thin even layer.
- Rub the rim of the glass with a wedge of lime then rub the rim in the Tajín.
- Fill the glass 2/3 full with ice and add the mango juice, lime juice and a few dashes of hot sauce, if using. Gently stir to combine. Top with the beer and garnish with chunks of fresh mango or a lime wedge.