It’s still hovering around 85+ degrees here in Southern California so the FoodieandWine.com oven is staying off for now. So much for holiday baking in October!
When we need to keep things light, we turn to this Spicy Cucumber Salad or Korean Cucumber Salad. It’s quick, spicy and crunchy. 3 of our favorite food properties rolled up in one.
While this Cucumber Salad is spiced with red pepper flakes, feel free to leave them out if you’re not one with hot spices. The other elements will create a stand alone dish on their own.
Any variety of cucumber will work with this cucumber salad. If you’re not down with seeds, feel free to cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds before you slice.
While you’re stocking up on cucumbers, also check out our Avocado Cucumber Salad with Benihana’s Ginger Salad Dressing.
Serve this next to a batch of Spicy Tuna.
- 1 Cucumber Any Variety
- ½ Small Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Green Onion Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Sugar Optional
- Cut the cucumber into thin slices. If you don't care for seeds, cut it in half lengthwise first and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the sliced cucumber into a large bowl and add the onion, green onion, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, and sugar.
- Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Enjoy immediately.