Next to Christmas, our second favorite holiday is Cinco de Mayo! This Southern California girl loves nothing more than the Pacific Ocean, sunshine, margaritas and Mexican food! Not the Tex-Mex you’ll find at Chili’s, but authentic Mexican Food. There is no comparison when you’ve had both. The first step to mastering Mexican Recipes is to start with an easy homemade salsa. Our restaurant style homemade salsa is loaded with all your favorite Mexican flavors – jalapeno, garlic, lime and salt!
We like to kick back with our favorite Margarita Recipe when we’re cooking Mexican grub. Make sure to come back next week when our famous Carne Asada burritos will be posted. Until then you can check out our Easy Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe.
You’ll want to dive into a batch of this Mexican restaurant style salsa recipe once you’ve taken your first bite. It’s that good. Homemade salsa is super easy to make, and very forgiving for different palates. We tend to serve a “hot” and “mild” version when hosting cause most guests can’t handle the heat we bring!
HOMEMADE SALSA NOTES:
This homemade salsa tastes best after it’s been marinating in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
This can be prepared up to 48 hours in advance.
Omit the cilantro if you’re a hater. We get it. We really do.
- 1 Can Ro*tel, Drained (10 oz)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes, Undrained (14.5 oz)
- ¼ Diced Red Onion
- ½ Jalapeno (Seeded and Diced)
- ½ - 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic (To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Cumin
- Handful Cilantro (to Taste)
- Drain the can of Rotel and add to the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and pulse 10-12 times.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- If needed, pulse 2-3 more times until smooth.
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: