Nothing beats a crisp and refreshing Strawberry Mule in Spring and Summer! This Strawberry Moscow Mule is a fruity twist on the classic Moscow Mule.
Strawberry Moscow Mule
Strawberry Mules, made with muddled fresh strawberry, are a bit more flavor forward that the original. This vodka-based strawberry cocktail is bubbly, slightly spicy and vibrant and contains just 4 mandatory ingredients.
Only a few simple ingredients are required to make this Strawberry mule recipe.
Ginger Beer – Try the different brands to see which one you like best as they all differ in flavor.
Fresh Strawberries – You could also sub in frozen strawberries with success. You will need to thaw them first.
Lime Juice – Skip the bottled lime juice and go straight to the produce aisle. Fresh lime juice makes a huge difference to the final flavor, so don’t overlook this ingredient.
Mint – While not 100% mandatory, it adds a ton of flavor so we recommend using.
Best Vodka For Moscow Mules
Use what you have on hand, as long as it’s not a low shelf brand. Those leave horrible aftertastes you want to avoid at all costs. Our favorite vodka brands: SKYY Vodka, Deep Eddy’s and Titos.
Variety of Ginger Beer
There are quite a few brands of ginger beer to choose from. We discuss them at length in our Mexican Mule post, so head over there if you’d like a recap.
Q Ginger Beer is our favorite since it has maximum carbonation and spice. Bundaberg and Fever-Tree are two other popular options.
Copper Mugs For Moscow Mules
Moscow Mule Strawberry are typically served in copper mugs when ordered at a bar or restaurant. The copper keeps Moscow Mule recipes ice cold as intended. We bought this set on Amazon and love it.
If you don’t have copper mugs, a highball glass is a great option.
When To Serve
There’s no bad time to enjoy an iced cold Strawberry Cocktail, or a Moscato Sangria!
- Spring Fling
- Summer Pool Parties
- Friday Funday
- Sunday Brunch
- Birthday Bashes
- Bachelorette Party
- Graduation Party
- Do not replace the ginger beer with ginger ale. They are two different beverages.
- Chill the ginger beer prior to using to ensure an icy cold beverage.
- Garnish ideas: lime wheel and more fresh mint.
Here’s how to mix up this Strawberry Mule drink, if you’re looking for an extra bump of flavor.
Extra Sweet – Add 2 tbsp of simple syrup to sweeten it up. Original mules do not have added sugar; we feel the strawberries add enough sweetness to the drink.
Spicy – muddle some jalapeños in the bottom of the mug, before adding the ice, to add some heat.
Party Punch – Scale up and make a “party punch”. Add the vodka and lime juice to a large pitcher and stir. When ready to serve, add the muddled strawberries, mint and ginger beer. As ginger beer is carbonated it will go flat if add too far in advance.
More Drink Recipes
- 6 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced + more for garnish
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves (*Note 1)
- 4 oz vodka
- 2 limes, juiced (*Note 2)
- 8 oz ginger beer
- garnish ideas: sliced strawberries, lime wedges and mint leaves.
- Add the sliced strawberries and mint leaves to a copper mug, or highball glass, and lightly muddle.
- Fill the mug 3/4 way with ice and add the vodka and lime juice. Gently stir to combine.
- Add the ginger beer and gently stir to combine. Add extra ice, if needed to fill the mug.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries, lime wedges and/or mint leaves. Enjoy!