Welcome back to our Asian Recipes 101 Series! Last week we delivered these Oven Baked Chicken Wings and today we have Easy Egg Drop Soup! This Chinese Egg Drop Soup recipe tastes just like the real thing. Peking Palace can keep their $50. It’s homemade Chinese Food from here on out….
Unless we’re feeling lazy.
Or it’s date night.
Or we don’t have the ingredients on hand.
Other than that, we’re all about making Chinese Food from the comfort of our own kitchen!
EGG DROP SOUP:
1. MUST DO: USE high quality stock! This isn’t the place to chince. With minimal ingredients, it’s important to stay with the good stuff.
2. Vegan/Vegetarian: Use high quality Vegetable Broth vs Chicken. You’ll still get the depth of flavors you’re looking for.
3. Feeling hungry? Add in an extra egg or egg white if you dare!
4. Add some texture by adding corn or any other veggie you like. It’s not our cup of tea, but it could be yours.
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 1.5 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 4 Cups High Quality Chicken Stock
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Salt
- ⅛ tsp. Black Pepper
- ⅛ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 6 Stalks Green Onions (Divided in Half)
- Add the eggs and egg white to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Take ¾ cup of chicken broth and add the cornstarch. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Pour the balance of the broth into a stockpot and add the garlic salt, ginger, black pepper and green onions. Stir to combine and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling broth and stir for 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Bring the broth back to a rolling boil and gently stir in a clockwise direction using a wooden spoon or plastic spatula (non slotted). Gently pour the egg mixture into the broth while continuing to stir in a clockwise direction.
- Slowly stir for about 30 seconds. Eggs should cook almost immediately.
- Divide into 4 bowls and top with green onions.
- Enjoy immediately.
Inspired by All Recipes
NEVER MISS A FOODIE AND WINE RECIPE OR DRINK REVIEW: