While many folks have been jumping on the taco bandwagon the last few years, we’ve been on it since birth. San Diego. Mexican Food. Cheap. Need we say more? Of course the tacos from our youth pale in comparison to today’s fancy offerings. From kimchee to pork belly to tofu chefs are always testing out new flavors.
Call us plain but we prefer good old fashion Carne Asada or Steak Tacos. These tacos hit the spot and bring us back to when we’d stay out riding bikes until the sun went down. Now don’t get us wrong. There’s a time and place for an asian themed taco or pork belly taco. They just don’t have a spot on our “go to” weekly menu like these Steak Tacos do.
Now kick back with a margarita using our homemade margarita mix and chow down on a few of these beasts.
MORE DELICIOUS MEXICAN RECIPES
- Steak Fajitas
- Chicken Fajitas
- Flank Steak Tacos
- Chili Verde Recipe (Chicken or Pork)
- Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Carne Asada Tacos
- Carne Asada Nachos
- Carne Asada
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Bell Peppers Any Color
- 1 Onion Thinly Sliced
- 2 cloves garlic Minced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Small Jalapeno Pepper Chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Leaves Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Flank Steak or Flap Meat
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- 8 tbsp Goat Cheese
- Salsa or Taco Sauce to Taste
- Cilantro to Taste
- Taco Sauce Optional
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle the steak with 1/4 tsp. salt and cook for 7 minutes per side (for medium).
- While the steak is cooking, pre-heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the cooking oil, bell peppers, onion and garlic. Sauté until softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, cumin and 1/4 tsp. salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- When the meat is to your liking, transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes. Cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat the corn tortillas and divide the steak evenly between them. Top with the pepper and onion mixture, goat cheese and salsa (to taste).
American Pale Ales