Break out the classic blue box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix and make the famous Jiffy corn casserole loaded with whole corn kernels, creamed corn, sour cream and flavor. This sweet and savory casserole recipe is made with only 5 ingredients.
It’s an easy “hands off” Thanksgiving recipe along with our Crack Green Beans Casserole.
Serve a slice on the side of Sous Vide Turkey Breast, Smoked Chili, Shake and Bake Chicken, Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas, Black Eyed Peas recipe, Smoked Turkey, Smoked Meatloaf and Sancocho Dominicano.
5 Ingredient Corn Casserole
As mentioned, this recipe for for corn casserole with Jiffy requires only a few ingredients, making it an inexpensive side dish: Jiffy corn muffin mix, creamed corn, whole kernel corn, sour cream and melted butter.
Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
Jiffy corn mix is readily available at most grocery stores. It’s a pantry staple for most during the winter months and is ridiculously inexpensive. If you can’t find it, or it’s sold out, make your own copycat Jiffy corn muffin mix.
Corn Casserole Paula Dean
To make Paula Deen corn casserole, just add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Jiffy corn casserole with cheese is just as easy to make as it requires just one extra short step.
Take your pick of baking dish when making! There are a few different sizes you can use, depending on your preference.
- 8″ x 8″ – Use this casserole dish to make a thick corn casserole recipe. It will take extra time to bake, but not much.
- 9″ x 13″ – Use this to make a thinner corn casserole. It’s the best route to take if you need to stretch the serving count.
- Cast Iron Skillet – Take it to the south by baking in a cast iron skillet. Just make sure it’s 10″ or larger.
Jiffy Corn Casserole Variations
Slow Cooker Corn Casserole
To make slow cooker corn casserole with Jiffy mix, mix all the ingredients together and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2.5 hours. Slow cooker temps do vary, so just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t overcook or undercook.
Corn Pudding Recipe
To make cornbread pudding, add two eggs to the Jiffy mix. You’ll get a light “custard” texture that’s synonymous with corn pudding.
Sweet Corn Casserole
Like sweet cornbread? Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of sugar when you’re mixing the corn, sour cream and other ingredients.
Mexican Cornbread Casserole
To make Mexican corn casserole, throw in a cup of pepper jack cheese and a can of green chilis or diced jalapeños. Or you can always go with Arepa Con Queso!
Cheesy Corn Casserole
To make Jiffy cornbread casserole with cheese, just add a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mix before baking or add it to the top and broil for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Make sure to use cooking spray on the baking dish or slow cooker as the batter will stick to the pan.
- Make cornbread casserole with Jiffy up to two days in advance of serving. Just store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container and follow the re-heating instructions.
- To re-heat, remove from the refrigerator an hour before re-heating. Cover with foil and bake at 300°F for 15-20 minutes, until warm throughout.
- If the edges start to brown, but it’s not finished cooking, cover it with foil and continue to bake as directed.
- This Jiffy corn casserole recipe calls for canned corn, but you can make this recipe with fresh corn kernels or frozen corn, if desired.
- Don’t eat dairy or looking for a healthier option? Swap out the sour cream with equal parts greek yogurt.
- Serve this classic for Christmas dinner or Thanksgiving dinner. It’s an easy one to knock out of the park.
- 8 oz Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 15 oz Whole Kernel Corn, Drained
- 15 oz Creamed Corn, Not Drained
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (*Note 1)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Spray the baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients (not the cheese) to a large mixing bowl and mix to combine. Pour into the greased baking pan.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. 5 minutes before finishing, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and remove when it starts to bubble.
Saturday 3rd of December 2022
This recipe was a hit at our Thanksgiving get together! Super yum!
Wednesday 23rd of November 2022
Have been making this for 20+ years, grandmother, mother, myself and hopefully my friends will carry on the recipe, it's so good Everyone loves it.