This is the BEST Air Fryer chicken wings recipe. With extra crispy skins, juicy meat and flavorful buffalo sauce, these chicken wings rival restaurant quality. Using an Air Fryer omits the unhealthy oil and takes half the time of a traditional oven to bake.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Why are Air Fried Chicken Wings better than traditional methods? Three reasons: No unhealthy oil, reduced cooking time and the forced circulating hot air creates a super crispy skin while maintaining a tender and juicy center.
To make chicken wings in the air fryer you only need 4 ingredients including baking soda, to help crisp the skin, and the popular Frank’s Hot Sauce. Why baking soda? Baking soda raises the PH level of the chicken wings to create a super crispy skin like you find in restaurants. You can fore-go the baking soda, if you like. It’s not mandatory but really helps the final product.
Quick Recipe Tips – There are a few tips to making the best chicken wings. Make sure to pat the chicken dry before coating, utilize the baking soda and flip the wings twice (vs once).
Looking for an Air Fryer? There are two types to consider. A toaster oven style, like these popular Cuisinart Air Fryers, or a slide-in basket style like these Phillips models. We utilize the June Cooking Oven.
Oven Baked Chicken Wings – Don’t have an Air Fryer but want to make this buffalo chicken wings recipe? Pre-heat the traditional oven to 400˚F and bake for 3o minutes. Flip wings and bake for another 20-30 minutes, until the skins are brown and crispy.
More Delicious Chicken Wing Recipes
Spicy Orange Grilled Chicken Wings
Sticky Asian Oven Baked Chicken Wings
The BEST Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 2 Lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel.
- Add the chicken wings, baking powder and salt (to taste) to a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Transfer the wings to the air fryer basket and arrange in a single layer (they should not touch). Set the air fryer to 360 degrees and cook for 12 minutes. Flip the wings and cook for another 12 minutes. Flip the wings one last time and cook for 5 more minutes to crisp the skins (note 1).
- Add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl and cook until melted (approx. 45 sec - 1 min). Remove from the microwave and whisk in the Frank's hot sauce.
- Add the cooked wings and hot sauce mixture to a large bowl and toss to coat. Serve immediately with your preferred dressing.
- The last turn of the wings is to further crisp the skin vs cooking. If you're short on time, feel free to remove after the initial 24 minutes of cook time.