Creamy Hazelnut Espresso Martini
Hello, my fellow coffee fiends. Let’s me introduce you to my very favorite martini recipe– the Espresso Martini. If Nutella were a cocktail, it’d be this martini recipe! This is a fun, festive, and frothy drink. It’s easy to make and super delicious.
After a hearty holiday meal, sometimes the best digestif is a drinkable dessert in the form of an espresso martini! This recipe is a hazelnut variation on the classic with the optional addition of chocolate liqueur.
How to Make An Espresso Martini
An espresso martini sounds fancy, but it’s actually really simple to make. It’s a wonderful cocktail to mix up during the holidays or, in our case, when you’re hitting the slots in Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan hotel. Here are the basic steps.
1, Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Add espresso, vodka, Kahlua, and Frangelico hazelnut liqueur to the cocktail shaker.
3. Optionally, you can add Godiva chocolate liqueur and pasteurized egg white.
4. Shake it until chilled and frothy. It takes 30 seconds.
5. Strain into a large martini glass and enjoy!
That’s it! You’ll have a delicious hazelnut espresso martini within minutes.
Espresso Martini Ingredients
Here are the ingredients: high-quality espresso (don’t be cheap – No Yuban or Foldgers!), vodka, Kahlua abnd Frangelico. For a richer chocolate flavor you can add in some Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. To add some froth, you can shake in some pasteurized egg. Truth be told, I only add it maybe 10% of the time. I can get pretty lazy.
Want to order the ingredients online? New customers to wine.com save $30 off a $100+ order.
Can You Make Espresso Martini Without a Coffee Machine?
Yes! You can absolutely make a this drink recipe without a coffee or espresso machine. Use store-bought coffee concentrate instead.
What Can You Use Instead of Kahlua?
If you do not have any Kahlua or coffee liqueur available, you can substitute an additional ounce of espresso.
HOW MUCH ALCOHOL IS IN A MARTINI?
Would you like this martini recipe more if I answered “Tons?” The good news is both Kahlua and Frangelico have only 20% ABV which is low for a liqueur. If you’re adding in the Godiva Liqueur it’s only 15% ABV. So it’s still a pretty strong cocktail, but 3 of the 4 liqueurs have low ABV.
How Many Calories are in an Espresso Martini?
This espresso martini contains 259 calories in a single serving, but it’s worth it. If you are watching your calorie intake, skip dessert and enjoy this drinkable one instead!
How to Make An Espresso Martini Frothy
To make a frothy espresso martini, add a pasteurized egg white* to the cocktail shaker. Shake well for 30 seconds. The result is a foamy espresso martini. Using freshly brewed espresso also contributes frothiness to the martini.
*It is important to use pasteurized egg whites. A standard egg white contains bacteria that can cause foodborne illnesses. Stick to pasteurized egg whites for cocktails.
The Perfect Hazelnut Espresso Martini
- 1 Oz. Espresso or Strong Brewed Coffee (*Note 1)
- 1 Oz. High Quality Vodka
- 1 Oz. Kahlua Coffee Liqueur (*Note 2)
- 1 Oz. Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur (*Note 3)
- 1 Oz. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur (*Note 4)
- 1/2 Oz. Pasteurized egg white (*Note 5)
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the espresso, vodka, Kahlua, Frangelico, Godiva and egg white, if using. Shake until chilled and frothy-- about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a large martini glass and enjoy immediately.